I Need Major Help

Guest lisa_belle78

Guest lisa_belle78

I was given a fish tak that had water sitting in it dead fish at the bottom and mold all through well i think its mold it was dgrey omg disgusting , my hubby stem cleaned it oh its glass bu the way and bleached it and really good it is safe for fishies

I was given a fish tak that had water sitting in it dead fish at the bottom and mold all through well i think its mold it was dgrey omg disgusting , my hubby stem cleaned it oh its glass bu the way and bleached it and really good it is safe for fishies

Hi Lisa,

How did you bleach the tank? After it was bleached, how did you rinse it?

rinsed it out with water after my hubby steam cleaned it off he used a bleach water mixture, its been dry for abaout a month now

I would think that it is safe now as long as you rinse it well again before filling it, and use a really good declore added to the fresh water. Good luck with your new tank. :)

It is fine if it has been sitting for so long, but like Roni said I would also rinse it out again before filling it for your fish. And, make sure that you add dechlorinator.

Do you know about the water nitrogen cycle? It's a good idea to learn all there is to know about this cycle BEFORE you add fish.