Who's Got Weird Weather?

lantern567

I just read Erinaceus' post on weird clouds. In the Midwest U.S. we had really bad rain and flooding earlier this year. In the Northeast, we've had thunderstorms practically every day all summer, where we would normally be worried about it being dry. I'm wondering - is anybody else experiencing weird weather this year?

Down here in Houston we have been unusually dry. The rain has really been avoiding us since about June. Yesterday we were promised lots of thunderstorms, and we got nothing. Whenever I check the radar, the storms seem to just disappear as they reach Houston. Last year by this time we had 40 inches of rain, this year we've only had 23. That is 5 inches less than normal for this time of year. If it wasn't for a tropical storm that blew through and dumped about 3 inches, we'd be even worse off.

On the other hand, I was in the San Francisco Bay Area for a month, and everything was normal there. No rain, 50's at night and 60-70s in the day, with occasional hotter days. Makes coming back to 90 degree days with 90% humidity a little more bearable. :)

Apart from a really really cold week a few weeks ago its business as usual here atm :) We've actually had a lack of summer storms for the past few years and below average temperatures (aren't they supposed to go up??).

Weather in Sydney has sucked so much lately all rain and wind and some days there was a combination of the 2 not a great mix :(

Edited by dan in aus

The weather seems to be cooler than normal lately...but according to the averages its right on the spot. This spring and earlier this summer was interesting with the storms and having to wear a winter coat in the morning most of the way through June (although I was out on my way to work at 5:30 in the morning so that might have something to do with it). Right now things seem pretty normal if not a lil on the dry side.