Weird Sky

Erinaceus

A little over half an hour ago, we saw a really strange glow outside the window. It turned out the that it was the clouds who were acting really weird. I would have sworn that there was a forest fire nearby, but this is the Flanders, we don't have enough forest area to have a decent forest fire :rolleyes: . Right after, it started raining, followed by thunder and lighting. In other places in the world this might be a regular thing, but not here, so I'd thought I'd share :) .

post-15270-1218572398_thumb.jpg

post-15270-1218572437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erinaceus

Gorgeous pictures! It's no wonder you had thunderstorms, if I saw clouds like that the first thing I'd think was tornado! My mom always goes out to check the color of the clouds when we're issued a severe thunderstorm warning, the worst storm we had was when the sky was a purple-red color and it was hot and still outside, glad to hear you didn't have too bad of a time with the weather!

It's no wonder you had thunderstorms, if I saw clouds like that the first thing I'd think was tornado!

Yeah, for about half a minute I really thought we were going to have on: some clouds were doing something really vortex-like. But as soon as it started, it was gone :o . (it would have been odd though, cause we don't usually get tornadoes. we maybe get one or two smaller 'whirlwinds', but that's about it)

Was it getting near sunset when you saw those clouds? I've see colors like that here in Houston when we have some thunderstorms around, but it is clear in the west. The sun sinks below the level of the clouds and starts shining up underneath them. It is really impressive, and a bit creepy.

Was it getting near sunset when you saw those clouds? I've see colors like that here in Houston when we have some thunderstorms around, but it is clear in the west. The sun sinks below the level of the clouds and starts shining up underneath them. It is really impressive, and a bit creepy.

Yeah, it was rather late in the day, but the odd thing was that it was cloudy in four direction and also orange in four directions :blink: .

I saw a sky like that a couple of years ago when I was driving through the Texas panhandle. I took a picture of it because it was so cool looking.