I'm Having Bad Luck Atm..

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

So my fancies are starting to get better with their anchor worm-Yayy! But my comets ehh I noticed my disgusting water wasn't getting cleaner with my new filter, it looked like it was getting worse and they were all gasping for air, so I just moved them into a ten gallon until later when I have to completely change all of the water (I tried a 90% water change, it looked worse) And I need all new gravel too, I put them in all new water and I noticed that the water from the pond was probably toxic or close to it, because my fish's slime coats were beginning to peel at their mouths and my white fish has a big pink spot above her nose now, I think this'll all go away with good water now but I don't know if it was because it was new water that they're in but I saw some little white spots like ich too! So I started them on QuICK cure and threw an extra air stone in there. I need to clean a well completely now..Oh joy! But on top of all this I have one fish that is impossible to get out of the well, I tried for seriously about an hour straight trying to entice him with food and all sorts of stuff, pain in my butt he is! Anyway, I guess I am just checking to see if you guys also think that when their water is better the slime coat will stop peeling (Well it stopped but now it needs to heal) and the pink spot? will go away? I treated them all but one whom I can't seem to get and since I put them in and treated them they are acting much, much healthier. Does this sound good? (This goes back to my 'horror story')

Girl! You are getting one crash course lesson in goldfish aren't you!?! Hoping all is well. Keep us informed.

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Ugh, yes I had it tested.. It was bassically toxic which is why I'm thinking why everything will be alright now that they are in clean water. I put them all in the ten gallon (I eventually got the little sneaky bugger with the net) it was so hard though because I couldn't see him (the water was that bad!!) and he's a speedy little guy. But I cleaned out the well, filled it back up again, it was still dirty, so I filled it back up again, scrubbed the inches of algae off of the sides (Not all of it but most of it) Tested the water and moved the fish in, I don't think they really had ich, I think it was some of the chlorine because I treated the water but it isn't instint and I didnt have time to waste. I think it was just chlorine bubbles, but btw I checked them again and their slime coats appear normal and the pink on my babies nose went away(80% of it anyways)

EXCELLENT! Now see?! This is the kind of testimony some people need to see about how good water can make all the difference! I am soooooo glad that this seems to be all that was needed for you and your pond fishies! Yay! :nana:exactly:hi5:carrot:

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Tehe! :tbanana Yaayy to good fishie health! They are doing soo much better! They are so happy dancing away and playing with the stream of water from the filter LOL I am soo happy I finally got this back under control.. Gosh! I seriously thought I might lose them!! They were like gasping for air and my heart like, broke! LMAO when they were in the ten gallon I wanted to get them some extra air so I took a cup and put some holes in the bottom of it, put it in the water upside down and it like stuck to the bottom, it worked as a bubbler for like five minutes until it popped back up and I just re did this like 30 times for like an hour haha!

when they were in the ten gallon I wanted to get them some extra air so I took a cup and put some holes in the bottom of it, put it in the water upside down and it like stuck to the bottom, it worked as a bubbler for like five minutes until it popped back up and I just re did this like 30 times for like an hour haha!

You're so creative!