Need Opinions Asap, Please!

Am looking at this tank outfit on eBay and want to make an offer rather than buy now. What do you guys think a fair offer would be that is still less than the asking price?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...mMakeTrack=true

Thanks!

It really is nice. And very close to me to boot if it's where I think it is. I was thinking $250.00 which is about as high as I can go right now. If I did get it, have to find someone to help me get it in the house and set up on stand. Doubt I can do it myself now-a-days,sigh. Not to mention where the heck to put it other than the basement,lol.

It could be a good deal, but I would be wary myself of buying a used tank without seeing it. Also, it's likely that most of the equipment is inadequate and you'll have to replace it (perhaps only if you're keeping goldies though). $375 is way too expensive for me ... you should try making an offer!

Kathy, if 250 is the max you can go..you could really start with a lower price..It might sound a bit cheap...but then as you go higher and stop at 250...that would sound better to them...I mean its a sales gimmick..but worth a try..They might just give it to you for 250, thinking that it is not as cheap as you first started with...this is kind of conditioning someone's mind...I have been a Marketing manager in the past, so we were taught these things...however I wonder I have never used it myself..but it works..Am sure... :P .. :) ..worth a try..and a very nice setup btw...

Hi Kathy,

I was thinking you should start with asking for $200. It is a nice set-up, but they mention it is years old and tanks are getting cheaper so they may not get very many bites on it. Then you can always go up to the $250 price. I would let them know that you would like to see it first and then pay, rather than go on Ebay...that way you can back out if you need to. Have you checked www.craigslist.org? Under the pet's section you can find some great deals there.

Besides you need a new tank for all those fry your goldies keep making :rolleyes:

Amy

I was gonna say $275, so $250 sounds about right. Thing is, unless something has been advertised for a long time with no buyers, a seller is not usually inclined to take a lower price than asking, but it surely can't hurt to make the offer! And even if they turn it down, tell 'em to keep you in mind if they change their minds later....