Got Fry

pditty

I moved my 2 guppies out of my 30 gallon danio tank a while back and into a 10 gallon of their own due to fin nipping. The female started to look pretty big and got sort of red around the anus area.

At any rate, we now have fry. At least 7 of them. Tank is heavily planted, they seem to be swimming at the top and the parents appear to be leaving them alone.

That's good news on the guppy fry. Guppies can be one of the easier fish to breed, but keeping and rasing them to adulthood is the challenging part. I have a similar set up for my guppies, but only 10g.

Congrats on the fry. Any pics?

Never considered it. They're pretty small. Let me try when I get home. I think we counted like 15 or so yesterday. They seem to hide at night, but sit at the top during the day.

The tank heater is set to 76, but I think it's a good bit warmer with the full hood and incandecent lights.

Hey, you did really good on those pics. Sry, I didn't realize you JUST got the fry :-)

Nice lookin tank too.

Thanks. There are some snails in there killing the plants.

I was seriously considering moving 2 of my clown loaches over for a day or two and letting them do their thing, but then I noticed she was "pregnant" and thought better of it.

What's left of my guppy crop is thriving in our pond. They're not hard to raise at all. Just keep the water clean and keep them fed :)

I eventually want a pong. Ever have issues with birds eating fish in ponds?

• 3 weeks later...