Fish Chasing Other Fish's Butt?!?

Guest Oranda's R HxC

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

My oranda is like nibbling my other fish's butt constantly and like almost making the fish go out of water? My other fish just like, vibrates. Are they fighting?!? What do I do?

Kayla I would say this could be breeding behaviour ..but you have a lot going on with the parasites and the meds .. and not having water paremeters it is really hard to say for sure ..I would post any concerns of you fish's behaviour in you Other thread about the anchor worm as this could be vidal information to a mod or someone helping :) ...

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Well I got the water tested last night and posted them on my other thread. Wait so is it breeding behavior or the anchor worm? Thanks :)

it could be ...but it also could be frusturation .....are they back in the main tank ?? now that you moved the sand you will need to watch the paremeters as it could have bumped the cycle this could cause another fish to chase one another or dart around the tank ..does the chaser have breeding stars ?? or or little white dots on the pec fins (front fins ) does the chasee look rounder??

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

I looked, I honestly can't tell, they arn't darting just not staying still long enough to inspect. But I did notice the chasee has a very noticable bum! Gawsh that thing is big.

Yes, it does sound like breeding behavior. Sometimes, and don't panic, a stronger fish will chase a weaker/sick fish, but we know your fish are doing better now, so I don't think you need to worry about that. The only thing you need to watch out for is if the chasing gets to be so extreme that the chasee is getting torn fins or appears to be really worn out and exhausted. They'll usually get past this kind of thing just fine.

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

No, I'm not worried about that, he wasn't getting nasty or anything but just really into it.. Weird. I was reading up and I think the water change I did with the more cold water put him in the 'mood' lmao. And the Oranda was sicker than the 'chasee', actually the 'chasee' doesn't have any anchor worms idk how he managed to stay safe? haha

yep usually a big waterchange that is a few degrees cooler will bring on spawning behaviour ..when I have a female round with eggs I will do a large waterchange few degrees cooler just before a low pressure system comes in and that helps it gives the spring time effect ..usually the onlt time they like to drop eggs is when you work really hard at making your tank squeaky clean it's frusturating !!..just a tip ..spawning also makes water paremeters spike so watch carefully :)