Death Of A Beauty

Cwillis82

:blink: It seems as though someone might have been feeding my fish extra with out me knowing about it. One day I came home and the tank was cloudy, :krazy: I did an emergeny water change on it, checked the filters and found them very over loaded. As a result, I lost Fancy last night. :( I've had a very hard time dealing with it today. While I love all my fish, you know its hard not to have a favorite. Fancy was a rescue I got that was only about 2 inches long when I saw her. The place I found her in (I won't name names) but I only stopped in for a treat for my dog. I took a walk by the fish tanks, they looked horrid, but this one fan tail caught my eye. Small, white body, orange on her face, fins and tail, and a spot on her side. She had a black line just above her lip, like lip liner. :heart I had to take her out of there as I knew she didn't stand a chance there. I brought her home and transfered her into my main tank after a period of time to make she she was ok and wouldn't bring something in the main tank. What a nice fish she turned into. The lip liner disappeared as she grew, but she sure filled her name. She had a beautiful tail and fins, her dorsal fin stood straight up. At death she was about 6 1/2 inches.

My guess is flake food was being fed and it wasn't being soaked in water first. My guess is because of the amount of food found on the first filter of my wet/dry system. I tried to help her but it was just to late.

Needless to say, I was crushed last night. I told my girlfriend about it, I told her you will think I'm crazy for crying over a fish, but she knows I take my fish keeping very seriously and I love my fish like people love their dogs and cats. She didn't think I was crazy at all but told me that is why I will never touch that tank! I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to hurt your fish.

As I sit here and look into my aquarium, I can't help but feel a loss, I guess I will for quite a while.

There is a photo of Fancy in my photo album on myspace for those who care to look.

If you're still reading this, thank you for caring.

Chris that is just terrible to lose a pet that you loved so much.

All of us here understand. I love my goldfish like I love my cat, and when things go wrong and you can't help them, it just tears your heart out.

As you said, you rescued her and she wouldn't have stood a chance where she was. You loved her and gave her a wonderful life that otherwise wouldn't have happened. I'm sure she knew you loved her and that you had saved her. Please try not to be hard on yourself.

I really hope that you feel better soon and keep the good memories of Fancy in your heart.

Chris that is just terrible to lose a pet that you loved so much.

All of us here understand. I love my goldfish like I love my cat, and when things go wrong and you can't help them, it just tears your heart out.

As you said, you rescued her and she wouldn't have stood a chance where she was. You loved her and gave her a wonderful life that otherwise wouldn't have happened. I'm sure she knew you loved her and that you had saved her. Please try not to be hard on yourself.

I really hope that you feel better soon and keep the good memories of Fancy in your heart.

thanks, I know I did what I could for her, I just miss my fish. I'm glad I take lots of photos of my fish. I like to take them as they grow, I at least have that.

sorry for your loss :( ..I'm also going through the same ordeal ...I lost my oranda overnight for unknown reasons :(

oh I'm so sorry for you too. It sucks, it hurts, and you just wonder why? I guess sometimes it just happens, but it still sucks big time

From 2" to 6 1/2" is a great parenting accomplishment! You should be so proud that you gave her such a good home for the time you had her! It's so sad that a simple mistake caused such great sadness though. Did you find out what happened? Not to point fingers or blame, but for the sake of education so that the one(s) who did it can understand why it shouldn't be done. I know how sad it is to lose such a sweet little face. They rely on us for everything. My condolences to you. I'm so sorry for your loss... :tou