Great Online Aquarium Supply Store

Guest asteriskadonis

Guest asteriskadonis

I was surfing around the Boston Aquarium Society website yesterday, and stumbled on a link to this online aquarium supply store called "Ken's Fish" (http://kensfish.com). I had never heard of it before, but his prices are amazing, especially on things like reagent refills for API test kits. Pretty much all of his prices are amazing, even lower than places like DrsFosterSmith.com. He also makes his own food, including sinking pellets and spirulina, which are quite inexpensive. The icing on the cake is that his shipping rates are super reasonable- he even offers plain old USPS first class shipping for as low as $5. I did a little browsing online, and found some rave reviews of Ken's Fish from customers on other aquarium forums. I just thought I would give everyone at Koko's a heads-up on this store; maybe everyone already knows all about Ken's, but I was pretty excited about this find! (And kind of sad, too, because I just placed a large order on another online store!)

The no-carb pellets look like they might be good as well as the HBH flakes and pellets and spectrum formula.

Guest asteriskadonis

Yeah, I saw those no-carb pellets too and they look VERY intriguing. Here is a description of them copied from the website for others who might be interested:

KENS PREMIUM GOLDFISH COLOR PELLET: (NO CARB SINKING)

Goldfish enthusiasts have fed green peas to goldfish for years, with great results. This pea-based formula will prevent bloat, promote long life, great health and fantastic color. Try this on your newly arrived feeder goldfish as well and watch your losses drop to zero.

Ingredients: Green Pea, Soy Concentrate, Herring Meal, Spiruliana, Garlic, Yeast, Yeast Extracts, DL Methionine, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Marigold Extract, Isoleucine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, Paprika Oleoresin, Choline Chloride, Betaine Anhydrous, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Stabilized Vitamin C), Rosemary Extract, Astaxanthin, Mixed Tocopherols, Canthaxanthin, Beta Carotene, Inositol, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K3), Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Selenium Yeast, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Bacillus Licheniformis, Bacillus Pumilus, Bacillus Coagulans, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae.

Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 48%, Crude Fat/Oil (min) 3%, Crude Fiber (max) 8%, Moisture (max) 10%

They look chock-full of vitamins, and having no carbs might help for fish with floating problems (like my Carbuncle). I make my own gel food, but am always a bit worried that what I whip up myself might be a bit short on some obscure nutrient or vitamin that my goldfish need... The best part about these pellets is how cheap they are- 1/2 pound for only $3.45!!

Edited by asteriskadonis

That is a good price and you wouldn't feel nearly as bad throwing them away if you don't use them all by their expiration date!

I've ordered from him before - very quick service, especially for things like the breather bags that can be hard to find in smaller numbers.

I've never tried his own foods though, because I've been steering away from food with a lot of color enhancers.