Is This True?

Guest katie.P

Guest katie.P

i was watch a video on youtube of a tank full of small goldies and then started reading through the discussion board below it, some said: "your goldies are really small yet you say they are a couple of years old" and then the owner of the video says "yeah, should have fed them more live foods"

so is it true that the more live foods you feed them the bigger they grow?

Like Hidr said, water quality and genetics are probably most important in determining a goldfish' adult size. As to the point of life vs non-living food, I doubt it makes much difference, aside from maybe the 'physical exercise' :) . There is the possibility that life-food is more 'fresh', and thus higher in e.g. protein (because this brakes down after a while), but if you stick to high quality food (e.g. your own gel food) that's no longer an issue.

iv heard alot about gel food but dont actualy know what it is lol :D

soo ... i was wondering ... what is it?

If you're interested in gel food, this pinned post might be of help to you ;) . My girlfriend (Quasi) and a good friend of hers (Isilme) recently made their first batch of gel food together, and it turned out quite well (here you can find their post about it; it features some pictures of what gel food ought to look like :) ).

thankyou for those threads they were very helpful

hmm might give that a try sometime :)

my mum wont be too pleased lol

Do it when nobody is home, making gel food doesn't smell that well :blink:

mmm good idea lol nut if they found out id get a :wa lol

I don't mean it as in doing it behind her back, but as in making it with permission and that you don't want to bother others with the smell.

Best to use an old blender though, nobody wants a gel food flavoured milkshake ;)

Guest katie.P

ooh right i see, stupid me lol

yeah, gel flavoured milkshake, yuck :ill

we only have 1 blender lol

dont think il bother, dunno why im talking about it anyway i dont even have a goldfish yet, well ... good to bve prepared lol