My New Goldfish Is Depressed Or Something?

Guest Christo7

Guest Christo7

Bought 2 new goldies from Pets at Home a Lion Head and Red cap. They were put into my main tank which has been established for at least 3-4 months since its last 100% water change. The Lion head has settled in fine but the Red cap doesn't seem to like it. Although it was fine at the shop, in my main tank it keeps hiding behind my internal filter. Also it is slightly tilted to one side and very reluctant to move even when the glass is tapped. However when it does swim, only after I adjust the position of the internal filter, it moves just fine without any signs of problems.

I have 5 fish in my 20 gal tank, all about an inch apart from 1 big 6" goldfish. I think it must be really scared as it doesnt come out at all to swim from behind the filter. Looks depressed and dyeing. Please help.

Chris

Ammonia:0

Nitrate:0

Nitrite:0

Ph: 7

Temperature: 24 degree celcius

HI Christo!

Sorry you are having trouble with your new fish. Before anyone can help we actually need a bit more information.. Even though you provided some of it, would you mind copy & pasting the box of questions at the top and filling everything out? Thanx!

There's a few things that concern me already about your set up. However, I won't get into that until we have ALL the info from you..

HI Christo!

Sorry you are having trouble with your new fish. Before anyone can help we actually need a bit more information.. Even though you provided some of it, would you mind copy & pasting the box of questions at the top and filling everything out? Thanx!

There's a few things that concern me already about your set up. However, I won't get into that until we have ALL the info from you..

ummmm...yaaaa..I am concerned too... :unsure: ..but as Sue says...lets not conclude anything...get the info going and we ll take it from there.....

HI Christo!

:welcome

I'm concerned about a few things right off.

Each goldfish need 10 gallons of water each. Five goldfish in a 20 gallon tank is completely not doable. Not in any way. Only that 6" goldfish should be in that 20 gallon tank.

Next, you should never add new fish directly to the main tank. They need to be put into quarantine for at least 2 weeks with aquarium salt and prazi.

And finally, at least as a precursor to seeing the answers to the questions, I'm baffled that you have 0 readings on all of your tests, especially with all of those fish. You should have something somewhere. Can you retest please?