Terrible Owner

Howdy all.

First things to point out: I have been completly ignorant about Goldfish and what is needed to be done to look after them. The fish stay at my partners house and were a gift for my 21st. I have stupidly not done what is required of me in caring for my goldfish. Please help my now one remaining goldfish.

[*]Ammonia Level? N/a

[*]Nitrite Level? N/a

[*]Nitrate level? N/a

[*]Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? N/A

[*]Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)? N/A

[*]Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? N/A

[*]Water temperature? room temperature

[*]Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 3.5 gallon tank

[*]What is the name and size of the filter(s)? Cleanwater CR, ab 60.

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? Never.

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 previously, one now. 2-3inch max in size

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? Water pre treated with Bioactive Tapsafe includes aloa vera.

[*]What do you feed your fish and how often? Flakes, once a day.

[*]Any new fish added to the tank? No.

[*]Any medications added to the tank? rock salt for white spots

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? 5 white spots on remaining goldfish, nothing on the dead fish.

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Comet was at bottom alot, only today it has not ate. Remaining fish moves about and eats when food is offered.

Other notes: I had the tank set up on the 3rd of august 2008 and left running with an air pump and filter sachet in it for one hour before adding 2 gold fish.

In the intermitent time, the water has not been changed. 4 level teaspoons of rock salt have been added within the last 24 hours, 12 hours apart, disolved.

I have two, 2 litre jugs (0.5 galons each)set to one side treated with tapsafe ready to go into a 50% tank change due for today (when i purchase a siphon). Upon comming down stairs for a drink of water, I found comet head up in plant, moved plant and comet just sank to the bottom of the tank, not gone upside down or toppled to one side either.

I have switched the remaining goldfish to one of the 2litre jugs as evidently the water in the main tank is too toxic. Remaining goldfish is suffering from what I think is flex (tail fin looks wooly and some what shreded and white spots, has 7; 2 large and the rest are new (last 2 days) and are small spots.

It is currently 1am and I shall be purchasing a siphon at 9am when I can get to a local pet shop. Can I and should I remove 50% of the water in the main tank by other means right now and replenish it with the 4 litres of pre treated water I have ready or is the goldfish safe in the 2 litre jug.

What should I do? I really don't want to leave my poorly goldfish in this state, ontop of this, he is not in a schoal so may be stressed. He is currently sitting at the base of the jug. What should I do?

Whilst at the store I am going to purchase Protazol to treat the white spots but given the small size of tank, I feel it is important to invest in a 10-20 gallon tank and a much better filter system. I have also ordered testing strips but I will purchase a small kit today with medicine.

I hope someone can help before it is too late.

Edited by fortunefaded

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board fortunefaded, and sorry you are having such a terrible time. First off, don't be too hard on yourself. All of us started out not knowing how to care for our goldfish and thats why we came here. Its great that you care enough to find out what to do.

I'm not sure where to start here as I don't want to overload you with an encyclopedia of info. You have a lot to do and a lot to take in in a short time if you want to save your little pal.

The first thing you need to do is a 100% temperature matched water change. In a 3.5 gallon, you are going to have to do this daily at least. Don't change or rinse the filter media at all right now. Your tank hasn't had time to cycle and you need this to build up beneficial bacteria for your cycle.

I have to tell you that you are not going to be able to keep even one goldfish in a 3.5 gallon tank. The minimum space for a common goldfish is 20 gallons, but we can address that later.

Next, it is imperative that you get a water testing kit. A good one...drops and not strips. In order to see where your cycle is and what your water conditions are, we need this info asap. If you can't do this right away you can take a sample of your water to the lfs and they will test it for you. Just be sure they give you specific numbers, not just that its ok.

The white spots are likely ich, which could be what caused your other fish to die. The rock salt is a good idea, and you need to raise the temp of your tank water slowly to 78-80 degrees to speed up the life cycle of the ich. You'll also need that syphon to thoroughly clean the gravel daily to get the ich larvae out. The recommended salt percentage for ich is .3%.

I don't know if your fish can be saved at this point, but we'll be optimistic and hope he's not too far gone. I hope not, and we will all work together to help you.

I've double checked what was ordered and it has been drops.

What exactly does a 100% temperature match water change mean? Are you saying I have to change all the water and clean the tank and refil with treated water that goes to room temperature before re-introducing the remaining goldfish?

I also have a plant, should I return this to the tank or leave it out?

And will the remaining goldfish be fine in the 2ltr jug for approx 10 hours?

Edited by fortunefaded

HI! Welcome to koko's! I am so sorry about your fish.

You are in good hands with Vickie. She was a HUGE help to me when I first came to this board. I was a mess when I first came here. I wasn't doing ANYTHING right and after following her (and other's advice) I know how 5 healthy goldies : )

As she said the most important thing right now is to do that 100% water change. Make sure it is the same temperature, and that you use a dechlorinator. And the test kit.. It's so important. (If you haven't dumped all the water yet, you could save a sample and take it to the pet store and have them test it for you. Just make sure they give you actual numbers... not just say it's okay!)

I also want to give you a few links to read. If you haven't read them yet, these will help you understand the basics of fishkeeping, and cycling a tank.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/tensteps.html

http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/cycle.html

Whilst at the store I am going to purchase Protazol to treat the white spots but given the small size of tank, I feel it is important to invest in a 10-20 gallon tank and a much better filter system. I have also ordered testing strips but I will purchase a small kit today with medicine.

The larger tank is EXCELLENT!!! However, I would not buy anything for the white spots. The salt/heat method for curing Ich is the safest way on the fish, and with your fish already weak, you do NOT want to add meds. Also, adding medication to water that with ammonia and nitrite makes the water TOXIC! It could kill your fish if you add meds right now.

If you are going to the store, certainly a large tank is great. (if you can't afford one right now, a rubbermaid will do! The more water, the better). A test kit (drop) should be the first purchase you make. A filter is good too. But get the drop test kits.

Sorry if this seemed too short.. I want to catch you before you go to the store : )

What exactly does a 100% temperature match water change mean? Are you saying I have to change all the water and clean the tank and refil with treated water that goes to room temperature before re-introducing the remaining goldfish?

I also have a plant, should I return this to the tank or leave it out?

And will the remaining goldfish be fine in the 2ltr jug for approx 10 hours?

Vickie may be responding to you already, but just in case....

Yes you want to replace ALL the water. But you do not need to leave it sit. Let the tap water run and try to match the temperature as close as you can to the water the fish is in now using your finger (or a tank thermometer if you have one).. Add the dechlorinator. Most work instantly, but I like to let them sit for about 5 minutes..

If at all possible I would get something larger for your fish... The cycling link will explain more, but right now the waste your fish is producing is building up and basically poisoning him. The MORE water, the less harmful the "bad" stuff is (put simply).. That's why if you could get a new rubbermaid container, or other large plastic storage tub, you can fill it with LOTS of water, which dilutes the "bad stuff" which will help your fish...

YOu do want a filter on whatever you decide to keep your fish in. And it's best if you can add an air stone so that it bubbles and provides more oxygen.

I live in scotland, it is 2am in the morning. No shops for me yet.

I have not cleaned the filter sachet I have but I cleaned the tank which I didn't realise, was slimey maybe algae from the plant? or ammonio/waste?

I am still concerned about where i have put my remaining fish, he is in the 2ltr pre treated jug (treated about 8 hours ago), will he be okay until i can purchase the new tank, filter and drop test kits?

I am concerned about using salts as aren't goldfish freshwater fishes and with the change of water and shouldn't there be lack of toxins in the tank? Wouldn't meds be the best treatment as I really doubt my wee bud has much left in him to last another 6 days of salt treatments to kill off the ich.

Another question, why can't you use table salts containing caking ingredients or prussciate soda?

He's not going to the store for a few hours, so we have time to get him a list together, LOL! :exactly What Sue has told you is exactly right. Do not add meds and, in the words of our moderators, trust the salt. It will work and it is effective and gentle on your fish.

Don't clean the tank. Right now you don't have a syphon I know, so just scoop out as much water as you can. You don't have to leave the water out overnight if you have dechlorinator. Just take out the old water and put clean water in. Test the temp with your pinky finger and try to match it as closely as you can. If you have to make it a little warmer from the tap right now, then that will be ok. The water takes care of the fish, and the better water conditions you have right now, the better chance your fish will have.

I would remove the plant. It will leave one less place for the ich larvae to lay and hatch. In this small space, you need the most room for your fish and a way to keep it spotless. Investing in a 20 gallon would be the best thing you can do for him, but right now we need to focus on getting him better and stronger so you can move him to the 20 gallon safely.

Your lfs list:

drop water testing kit/sample of tank water after water change tonight

syphon

check out larger tanks

Good luck!

I live in scotland, it is 2am in the morning. No shops for me yet.

I have not cleaned the filter sachet I have but I cleaned the tank which I didn't realise, was slimey maybe algae from the plant? or ammonio/waste?

I am still concerned about where i have put my remaining fish, he is in the 2ltr pre treated jug (treated about 8 hours ago), will he be okay until i can purchase the new tank, filter and drop test kits?

I am concerned about using salts as aren't goldfish freshwater fishes and with the change of water and shouldn't there be lack of toxins in the tank? Wouldn't meds be the best treatment as I really doubt my wee bud has much left in him to last another 6 days of salt treatments to kill off the ich.

Another question, why can't you use table salts containing caking ingredients or prussciate soda?

Okay no shops cleary LOL (we have an all night wal mart 5 minutes from here, we are lucky)

I think the best place, if you don't have any form of large storage bin that can be used as a temportary place to treat him, is back in the 3.5 gallon tank... As Vickie said, you do not need to clean the filter right now.. Dump what's in the tank, refill it with water as close to the temp he is in now, and add the dechlorinator. You need as much space for him as you can get.... In an uncycled tank (which yours is) the ammonia builds up FAST.. For example, I had to move one of my sick fish to a uncycled hospital tank for treatment.It was 5 gallons and even then the ammonia built up to about 1ppm every day. (This will make more sense when you get the test kits).

As far as the meds, I know it seems like the way to go but trust me it is not. Those meds mixed with ANY ammonia (which you surely have) can be DEADLY... I lost 5 fish this way. The only fish I had that survived the Ich was treated with salt.. I was cautious at first, but trust me. The salt works.. Another member SunshineGirl recently came here and at first wasn't sure about the salt either. It's helping. If she sees this post I am sure she will chime in to confirm.

I wish I could give you an explanation for WHY the certain salt, and for why salt at all. I can't. I am not experienced enough when it comes to the WHY's. There are other members or moderators that can help explain that. Right now, the priority is 1) larger volume of water for the fish 2) salt added according to this link

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=60876

TRUST ME! I wouldn't lie I promise you : )

****sorry Vickie I am completely posting over top of you here : ) *****

Okay Okay! You guys have twisted my arm, I'll return to the salts. My concern over this is now is that the salt guide states only to do it when the ammonio and nits are 0. Is this just a case of siphoning water till it reads zero?

Got the wee man back in the tank, he seems happier, I guess I've flushed the toxins with 100% water change. I don't plan to feed him either, so he can't poop, when should i feed him next?

Okay Okay! You guys have twisted my arm, I'll return to the salts. My concern over this is now is that the salt guide states only to do it when the ammonio and nits are 0. Is this just a case of siphoning water till it reads zero?

Got the wee man back in the tank, he seems happier, I guess I've flushed the toxins with 100% water change. I don't plan to feed him either, so he can't poop, when should i feed him next?

Yay!! We got him Vickie!!! That's good teamwork : )

Well, your test kits aren't here yet, so we can't test the water. What we CAN assume is that the 100% water change brought you as close as you can get to zero ammonia and zero nitrites. (Some tap water has ammonia, like mine, but that's a whole other problem LMAO).. IF you just did a 100% water change, you should be safe to add salt. But your work has only just begun LOL

Now comes the fun part of adding salt, while doing daily water changes... while maintaing the salt level... In your small tank you are going to need to change the water OFTEN and alot.. Honestly, I would just do a at least 80% daily, if not MORE...

*** EDIT oh and one last tip.. it helps to write down the amount of salt you add/remove to the tank... And keep track of the water changes amounts. That way you don't end up with too much salt... ****

So right now you've added 3.5 teaspoons of salt yes? This is what I would do. Depends on how much time you can devote.. It's like 3 am there right?? Tomorrow afternoon or morning I would do a 50% water change. You then need to add back in 1.75 teaspoons salt to bring it back to the level it was before. Then add another 3.5 teaspoons of salt to bring it to 0.2%. Another option would be a 100% water change again, (which would lower the ammonia even more, and in your case might be needed) and just add back in 7 teaspoons salt, which will bring it up to 0.2%. 12 hours later, a water change, and add the appropriate amount to bring it up to 0.3%. When you can get some sort of tank or tub, this will help. BUt you will still need to change water daily, expecially until your test kit comes..

You can try to feed him a little. . Just feed him lightly and remove any uneaten food... I think you could wait until you get a larger tank (assuming you are doing it tomorrow).

Good luck with him. Let us know how things turn out : )

He's not going to the store for a few hours, so we have time to get him a list together, LOL! :exactly

:tomuch: .... :rofl2 ... :rofl

Wonderful advice there from Vickie and Sue....I followed every advice and it helped me cure ICH in my goldie tank..Trust me salt works..it is a lot of work..but totally worth it...and yeah a big tank or rubbermaid tub will make it easier...Good job Vickie and Sue...you guys are awesome...

:hi5 fortunefaded, you have NO chance against 2 determined women!! We are pros at wearing men down, LOL!

After you do the water change, put your fish back in the tank. You must get him out of that bottle, and if the one fish has ich, you must assume that both do. I believe that the anticaking ingredients mess up your fish's gills and insides. Don't use anything that contains anything other than salt!! Kosher salt, rock salt, canning salt are all okay, along with aquarium salt of course, just be sure to dissolve them before you add them to the water.

As Sunshine girl said, if you can't afford a new tank right now, you can get a large Rubbermaid container and set it up as a temporary tank.

Gotta get to work, but you're in good hands today. If you have any questions just post here and someone will answer your questions.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Right, Just an update and again, I am looking for advice.

I did a 100% water change at around 3am (gmt) and I am now back from the shop with a gravel pump and a drop testing kit, at least I think it is.

I completed each test for Nitrite, nitrate, ammonia and Ph level.

Ph level registered at 6.5-7.0

Amm at 0

Nitrite at 0

nitrate at 0

The ammonio test *just* changed the waters colour, very minute so it must have a very trace amount of ammonio and not zero.

Nitrite and nitrate did not change whatsoever, had to leave them for 2 minutes and 5 minutes and the water remained completely clear.

The test involved taking 5ml of water from my tank, placing it in a vial and dropping in x amount of various liquids for each test, shaking and comparing the new colour to a chart.

The test kit is: Nutrafin, Essential mini master test kit.

Pictures

DSC00902.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/B...nt=MOV00904.flv

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii239/B...nt=MOV00905.flv

Last links will take you a photobucket page of mine which are videos of my goldfish, both taken within 5 minutes of each other. Vid shows whitespots and fish behaviour.

At this stage I am not sure if should do a water change and if so, what level or should I add salts now and not change the water? I have not added any salts since the 100% water change as I had to go out and get new rock salts.

Also, the petstore did not have any tanks in the range of 10-40 gallon in stock. Searching the net for tanks atm.

Edited by fortunefaded

Hi fortunefaded and thanks for responding so soon!

The readings of 0 for all ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates indicates that your tank is not cycled yet, which we already knew, right?

Yes, I'd do a thorough gravel clean and then a 100% wc again. After that you will not have any trace of ammonia. And definitely keep salting!! Remember to add salt to replace the salt you have taken out. Your little guy has ich, and his fins are clamped. Is he eating? You might try getting him to eat a deshelled pea, as they love them and it may get his appetite going.

Stay with the salt. Stay with the gravel cleanings at least once a day, and stay with the water changes. The water changes will not stress your fish out, but the ich is going to.

Just hang in there. You'll see an improvement very quickly. Don't forget about the possibility of a Rubbermaid container, but lets get rid of the ich first.

BTW, where is your other fish that was in a bottle? Or am I confused?

Do daily water changes, and try to keep the salt at the same level. So, I second Vickie's advice to do another 100% water change and then add salt. I would also take out half of the gravel, to give the fish more room, and give the nasties less places to hide.

I hope that your fish can pull through! You're doing great so far! :thumbs:

Vickie: I think that fortunefaded currently only has one fish.

Edited by Petperson04

Hi fortunefaded and thanks for responding so soon!

The readings of 0 for all ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates indicates that your tank is not cycled yet, which we already knew, right?

Yes, I'd do a thorough gravel clean and then a 100% wc again. After that you will not have any trace of ammonia. And definitely keep salting!! Remember to add salt to replace the salt you have taken out. Your little guy has ich, and his fins are clamped. Is he eating? You might try getting him to eat a deshelled pea, as they love them and it may get his appetite going.

Stay with the salt. Stay with the gravel cleanings at least once a day, and stay with the water changes. The water changes will not stress your fish out, but the ich is going to.

Just hang in there. You'll see an improvement very quickly. Don't forget about the possibility of a Rubbermaid container, but lets get rid of the ich first.

BTW, where is your other fish that was in a bottle? Or am I confused?

Just a quick add on to Vickies post... you need to make sure the peas are cooked and are not salted before feeding them to him. Take a little tank water in a cup, add 1 or 2 or a few frozen peas to it, and microwave them for about 45 seconds. After they are cooled, then take off the outer skin and they will break in half. If that size is still too big for your little one, you can cut them into smaller sizes. Stick with one pea at a time so he doesn't get the running poops

Awww..poor baby...yeah he looks really weak there...but he is beautiful...as Vickie said..stay with vacuuming the gravel..and water changes..and testing and adding salts...No slacking.. :)

I would really make arrangements for a medicated food too...just a thought..he might or might not need it..but wait until Vickie thinks its necessary and then she can even let you know which ones to order..During my experience with Ich (currently still going on)Sue and Imogen made me realize that they could play a very important role..especially towards the end of the treatment...I always feel its good to have all that ready, just in case...

Take care of the lil guy...Vickie and Sue are gr8 with this..and I ll drop in to check how he is doing...oh by the way..lets stop calling him 'remaining goldfish' please..lets name him..any ideas.. :)

Just a quick add on to Vickies post... you need to make sure the peas are cooked and are not salted before feeding them to him. Take a little tank water in a cup, add 1 or 2 or a few frozen peas to it, and microwave them for about 45 seconds. After they are cooled, then take off the outer skin and they will break in half. If that size is still too big for your little one, you can cut them into smaller sizes. Stick with one pea at a time so he doesn't get the running poops

Thanks for catching that Roni! I should've explained it better.

He is a pretty fish and he needs a name! C'mon fortunefaded, its time to name your buddy!

I appreciate your confidence SunshineGurl, but when it comes to meds I leave that to the wonderful moderators and helpers here. They are much smarter than I am and they know their stuff! Hopefully one of them will chime in at some point if they think meds are needed. Right now stick with the salt. It does work, but you need to know that he may look worse before he looks better as the salt and higher water temps will speed up the ich life cycle. That reminds me, are you using a heater to bring the water temp up? Its not mandatory, but its the only way to get rid of the ich fairly quickly.

We should have put that on your list, I guess. Our mistake.

Amm:0.6

ph has dropped to 6? Why, it was 7 before.

nit/nitA: 0

Last waterchange: 50% at 11pm gmt.

His fins are unclamped! And he remains eating food, he hasn't stopped eating food. Any time he i put food in, he goes straight for it. I'll get the missus to get the fish some peas for a bit.

I'm still not sure about the salt process, could i get some clairification? Its a 2.5 gallon tank so I put 2 level teaspoons of salt in and I have done 50% water changes, should I just put 1 teaspoon or 3 teaspoons of salt in there?

I don't know why but the white spots on his right side have began to disappear, there is only 2 and they are small but on his left side, he has ones that are quite big and wooly looking.

I'm still waiting to hear from my gf to find out what has happened since I last saw the wee guy. I don't want to name him untill he is all better, is that weird?

I think you should fix the pH....pH crash will cause other set of problems..there is something called as Buff it Up...get that..and get the pH to 7-7.5...goldfish need hard water...

Also do a 100% change everytime...cos the tank is small and it is not cycled...I would suggest doing a water change asap...a 100%..and keep adding salt..

Yeah the ich spots wil mature and the fall off...when they fall off..they multiply and again look for the fish to reattach..thats the reason why syphoning out water is very important..that gets the fallen of ich grains to get out of the gravel..and also a water change helps all the free swimming guys out...It also helps to keep the tank in dark, by wrapping a towel or something...that way thos ichy guys cannot spot the fish..and it also provides some cooling shade to the fish..so he/she can rest...

Its gr8 news that the fins are unclamped and he is eating...which means he is fighting it...

Ok..its a 2.5 gallon tank...so you need 2.5 teaspoons of salt to bring the salt to 0.1%...when you do a 50% change that mean you need 1.25 teaspoon of salt to bring it to 0.1%...its been 12 hours since you first put your salt...so its time to get the salt to 0.2%...which means add another 2.5 teaspoons of salt...which means if you do a 100% water change put 5 teaspoons of salt to bring it to 0.2%...then after 12 hours...you need to bring it to 0.3%...which means in totality you need 7.5 teaspoons of salt in there over a period of 24 hours....and 0.3% will kill the ich...what is the temperature of the water in the tank..you need to raise that too..it should ideally be 80 degrees F...so over a period of 12 hours bring it to that temperature...also if possible put in a bubbler...that will create more oxygen in the tank...

The ich spots mature at a fast rate when there is heat...so that will get rid of those sooner...Let us know if you have any more doubts about salting..and yeah keep a log of how much salt is in there...you dont need too much salt...0.3% is good for the fish and enuf for Ich...

And no..its not weird if you dont wanna name him until you know he is alive...but he ll feel more warm if you call him by a name...that spreads some positivity....but thats just me.. :) ..take care..

SunshineGurl is 100% correct. If you name him, it will give YOU more optimism that he is going to make it, and you just can't go through all of this trouble and worry just to call him "fish" or "remaining fish" lol! :pan

Since you have him in the 2.5 gallon, why don't you simplify things by doing a 100% wc as Sunshine suggested. Then you will know exactly how much salt to put in. And keep cleaning that gravel!

How does the salts actually treat ich? Couldn't I just empty all the gravel out and pour 1kg of rock salts in there to kill the ich?

doing 100% w/c over the course of the day, 50%, then later in the day, another 50% so I don't have to take me fish out.

No name yet. Waiting for an update from my GF about how he's doing today.

Wouldn't let me edit for some reason, sorry for the double post.

100% water change, half gravel too. However he has more fuzzy bits and they are falling off, my gf hoovered up quite a few of them and he is no longer eating.

Any advice?

100% water change, half gravel too. However he has more fuzzy bits and they are falling off, my gf hoovered up quite a few of them and he is no longer eating.

Wait I have to catch up on this thread, but he's eating the cysts that are falling off?? Is that what you are saying?

How does the salts actually treat ich? Couldn't I just empty all the gravel out and pour 1kg of rock salts in there to kill the ich?

doing 100% w/c over the course of the day, 50%, then later in the day, another 50% so I don't have to take me fish out.

No name yet. Waiting for an update from my GF about how he's doing today.

The following link gives you a good idea about the life cycle of the ich parasite and how salt kills it...

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?articleid=2421

In lay man's language....The ich spots on the fish are feeding on it...When the mature they fall of..and release more ich creatures that look for the fish and cling to it...then they feed, mature, fall off and multiply...and the cycle continues..The ich spots maturation depends on heat..at 80 degrees F they mature at a fast rate and fall and hatch..the salt in the water kills the creatures free swimming in the water...that the reason why you need to treat the whole tank for this disease...the spots on the fish will mature, how would take those off..you place the fish in some fresh water..and they ll start multiplying there...so dont take out everything and assume that the ich is treated...

And with every water change you have been taking your fish out..obviously cos its a small container...that stresses out the fish...it tends to get more weak and susceptible to more ichy bugs..Transferring him in a 10-15 gallon tank/rubbermaid tub will help you so much...you would be doing only 50-70% water change everyday and that way you dont have to move the fish everytime..you seriously should consider getting a bigger tank...you are stressing him out...

Edited by SunshineGurl