Pond Invaders

littlepeanut

that's odd... tadpoles don't usually eat live plants but algae. I think something else might be killing off your water lily and the tadpoles are simply finishing a more easily digestible meal from the rotting pads.

You can not have fish and frogs in the same pond, as the fish eat all (or most of) the eggs (or the tadpoles). And when the fish are big ones than they will even try frog. :unsure:

We have frogs in the pond... I really hope they won't eat my poor little water lily...

I don't know if frogs eat fish eggs, or the opposite...

Hubby hates the frogs, he says they take food from the fish.

Guest katie.P

your fish will eat the tadpoles and any small frogs when they are bigger, like quasi said :)

why not take the tadpoles out and keep them in an extra tank lol, its great fun to watch them grow lol

My Dad said that he only noticed the disintegrating lilies after the tropical storm. Maybe something washed into the pond with all the rain :hummm

Hale can do severe damage to plants, it can even cut holes in leaves. :blink:

Hey Peanut!! No worries about tadpoles. Think of them as entertainment. They love eating algae and your fish will love trying to catch them. Then they grow into "bug eating" frogs and toads. It's a Win Win!! :bingo: