Got Another Fish, Overstocked?

ITHURTZ

Im just kidding guys. I picked up a black moore today around 2" and I HAD to get a size comparison with my orange oranda. That sucker got HUGE btw. I adjusted the water in the 2gal hex and now he is in the 180gal with the other huge fish. Ill post the release vid once its done uploading.

Edited by ITHURTZ

Its been killing me for a long time to get a chance to do this, just to see peoples reactions. I hope he does well in the 180. Iv tried black moores in the past, but I didnt know anything about cycling etc so they all ended up dying. Right now he seems to enjoy the MASSIVE room he has.

Woah, you had me scared for a while there! How big is the oranda? They are both very beautiful!

haha thanks. The oranda is atleast 7" nose to end of tail. In my hand she was like a big baseball, pretty good weight to her to. I hope she gets much bigger, Im dying to have some massive fancies.

Your practical joke almost made Heidi cry. Bad bad. :o

Wow, how big IS that oranda anyway!! :D

Edit-I just saw you post that it is 7 inches and hefty as a baseball. Wow!

But you deserve the Kokostick from Heidi, lol! :wa

Edited by vickielm

Your practical joke almost made Heidi cry. Bad bad. :o

Wow, how big IS that oranda anyway!! :D

Edit-I just saw you post that it is 7 inches and hefty as a baseball. Wow!

But you deserve the Kokostick from Heidi, lol! :wa

thats right !!!! :cry1 ... :D ...when I saw that Oranda smooshed in that hexagon and THEN I saw a little moor..I was contemplating a fishnapping !!!..you got me good :rofl

oh my god...you almost got everyone here..I was shocked to see the big oranda in that little hex tank...I was like what the??....and then I saw the posts where you said you were joking..LOL....good joke...and a gorgeous oranda....very pretty..touchwood...and a handsome moor...

Saw your youtube video...I think the moor is rather lost..he is really shocked at seeing so many fish...I think he ll get used to it with time...I love your massive oranda..gorgeous...nice tank...what are other fast swimming fish in there??...am not sure but are those bala sharks???their tails looked like those are bala sharks..correct me if am wrong please...

Edited by SunshineGurl

oh my god...you almost got everyone here..I was shocked to see the big oranda in that little hex tank...I was like what the??....and then I saw the posts where you said you were joking..LOL....good joke...and a gorgeous oranda....very pretty..touchwood...and a handsome moor...

Saw your youtube video...I think the moor is rather lost..he is really shocked at seeing so many fish...I think he ll get used to it with time...I love your massive oranda..gorgeous...nice tank...what are other fast swimming fish in there??...am not sure but are those bala sharks???their tails looked like those are bala sharks..correct me if am wrong please...

Yup I have 3 balas. I looked at the vid and could only see the balas zipping around. If they are in 3's its the balas. The only other zippies I have are my 2 pangasius catfish.

1007980kn6.jpg

1007981po0.jpg

I know it may be a little right, but I am trying to save up for a 10gal

This is a joke, right? This has to be a joke.

Yeah, it's a joke! Man, that was funny! At first, I thought this was just for comparison between your tiny and your biggie. And then I saw the line beneath and I just knew that even the dimmest fishkeeper would know this just wasn't right! You funny boy!

Edited by Lynda Von G

haha man this thread puts smiles on my face everytime I read peoples reactions.

Here was last weeks water change pic

73302091xa9.jpg

And heres the ugly itself 6x2x2. Since then I have trimmed all the liner back flush with the wood and stained it cherry. If I ever get around to it, I want to put some molding around the top and seal it so no mold happens. This top view though is killing me, I just want to lay on the floor and watch them swim:( I would love to put a window in but I know they would HATE going back into a 55gallon for a few days. The window would fit perfect though right inbetween the 2x6's!

35559467vd2.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYuvY1lvH8E

theres a vid of it, the tinfoils, white common and red oranda are no longer with me :( Something happened and in the 20hrs I was away from them they bit the dust.

Also update on the moor, eats like a PIG. Very energetic and eagar to always eat. So far he seems to not have problems fiding food at the surface or on the bottom with the other monsters.

Edited by ITHURTZ