2 Of My Planted Tanks

Hidr

This is my 29 gallon. I need to look back and see when I set this up. But think it was about 3 months ago. Just got to hunt down my post on it. lol

29gallonupdated.jpg

I am going to remove the tetra's now that is it good and cycled and get me a couple angels to go with my 2 yoyo's that are in there. I am really pleased with this tank. Little slow growing but thats ok. And I need to clean off that algae off that one side.

This is my 10 gallon I set up two weeks ago. I removed the bowl with the sword in it and added the deco pot thing that I took out of the 29 gallon tank.

10gallonupdated.jpg

Ya I know there are a couple to many fish in the 10 but I am keeping close eye on it and I seeded it with filter stuff and water from the 75 so far everything is running perfect. And I have a filter on it for a 20 gallon tank. That helps when over stocked.

Very nice!!!! They both look great!

This probably should go in a seperate thread to not draw away from comments on the look of your tank, but what are the benefits of a planted tank? (oxygen?? is that right at all???) Is it much better for the fish, or is it more about being an interesting hobby to set up a planted tank??

For me planted tanks are easier to take care off. Water stays more in range and it helps keep the algae from getting really unsightly.

But most of all I hate cleaning plastic plants.