I Feel Tired & Weak

CountryLovah

I don't know what it is but lately I just feel tired constantly.. Not even neccessarily sleepy, but tired.. I'm not sure why.. I've always slept longer than the average person.. If you were to leave me alone with no alarm and no reason to wake up, I could easily sleep 10-12 hours a night.. I just sleep sleep sleep if I am left alone. The problem is lately, I am still tired AFTER I get up, AFTER a good night's sleep. There was a day recently when Taylor was at the beach with my mom for a few days. No one woke me up for any reason. I slept 15 hours and at that point had to make my body get out of bed.. My brain felt awake, and I was even having dreams where I was TRYING to get out of bed but couldn't, but my body felt tired.. The last few weeks I just feel like it's a struggle to MOVE. I can just feel my body aching and I feel weak all over...I usually perk up a BIT right before it's time to sleep, then I CAN'T get to sleep.. Today I just feel soooooo weak.. It's like I can feel every little movement in my arms just typing this. It reminds me of an episode of the Golden Girls where Dorothy has chronic fatigue syndrome and everyone thinks she is just crazy or lazy. And she is like "NO! I feel strange"..

I'm thinking part of it has to do with medications. I take meds for depression, and they have a draining effect. If I take the pills, I am happier and can function better with life, but all I want to do is sleeeeeeep. If I stop the pills I can get by with a regular 8 hours of sleep, but then I have days where I just cry and cry, then end up in bed anyway depressed. I almost can accomplish more ON the meds, being awake only 12 hours, because at least those 12 hours I am productive. But lately my allergies have gotten really bad. The medicine I have been taking for allergies just gradually stopped working recently. The last few months they have been really bad, it feels like a constant cold, and the prescription pills weren't helping at all. I made an appt with my doctor and was going to talk about the allergies AND weak sleepy feelings, and they had to reschedule the appointment and now it's not for another 2 months!!!!! In the meantime I have been taking a W mart version of an over the counter allergy pill. It's working pretty well, but it's left me even MORE weak/tired. I just feel sooo strange especially the last few days.. Right now I have to go do Kahlua & Malibu's daily water change, and I just can't bring myself to stand up!! (I will though!)

I've been meaning to dye my roots for weeks now and I literally just keep pushing it off because I am too tired. TO DYE MY HAIR??!?!?!? That's a problem! I finally did the first step today, and once that's done I always do the second step the next day because it always looks really bright lemony yellow after the first step. SO I usually wake up the next day and follow it with the toner right away. I thought doing that and showering and stuff would wake me up but I just feel MORE tired!!! Thank goodness for the fish. They get me motivated!!

Anyway, just felt like complaining. K.. Stand up... Stand up.. No. Sleep : )

Have you had your blood checked? You could be anemic.... sounds like how I felt sometimes. Take iron and you feel a lot better. Well, I did.

I don't know what it is but lately I just feel tired constantly.. Not even neccessarily sleepy, but tired.. I'm not sure why.. I've always slept longer than the average person.. If you were to leave me alone with no alarm and no reason to wake up, I could easily sleep 10-12 hours a night.. I just sleep sleep sleep if I am left alone. The problem is lately, I am still tired AFTER I get up, AFTER a good night's sleep. There was a day recently when Taylor was at the beach with my mom for a few days. No one woke me up for any reason. I slept 15 hours and at that point had to make my body get out of bed.. My brain felt awake, and I was even having dreams where I was TRYING to get out of bed but couldn't, but my body felt tired.. The last few weeks I just feel like it's a struggle to MOVE. I can just feel my body aching and I feel weak all over...I usually perk up a BIT right before it's time to sleep, then I CAN'T get to sleep.. Today I just feel soooooo weak.. It's like I can feel every little movement in my arms just typing this. It reminds me of an episode of the Golden Girls where Dorothy has chronic fatigue syndrome and everyone thinks she is just crazy or lazy. And she is like "NO! I feel strange"..

I'm thinking part of it has to do with medications. I take meds for depression, and they have a draining effect. If I take the pills, I am happier and can function better with life, but all I want to do is sleeeeeeep. If I stop the pills I can get by with a regular 8 hours of sleep, but then I have days where I just cry and cry, then end up in bed anyway depressed. I almost can accomplish more ON the meds, being awake only 12 hours, because at least those 12 hours I am productive. But lately my allergies have gotten really bad. The medicine I have been taking for allergies just gradually stopped working recently. The last few months they have been really bad, it feels like a constant cold, and the prescription pills weren't helping at all. I made an appt with my doctor and was going to talk about the allergies AND weak sleepy feelings, and they had to reschedule the appointment and now it's not for another 2 months!!!!! In the meantime I have been taking a W mart version of an over the counter allergy pill. It's working pretty well, but it's left me even MORE weak/tired. I just feel sooo strange especially the last few days.. Right now I have to go do Kahlua & Malibu's daily water change, and I just can't bring myself to stand up!! (I will though!)

I've been meaning to dye my roots for weeks now and I literally just keep pushing it off because I am too tired. TO DYE MY HAIR??!?!?!? That's a problem! I finally did the first step today, and once that's done I always do the second step the next day because it always looks really bright lemony yellow after the first step. SO I usually wake up the next day and follow it with the toner right away. I thought doing that and showering and stuff would wake me up but I just feel MORE tired!!! Thank goodness for the fish. They get me motivated!!

Anyway, just felt like complaining. K.. Stand up... Stand up.. No. Sleep : )

Hey sweetie,

Yes, I know the feeling well. If you are taking anti depression meds AND allergy med daily that could be the reason. Even the non drowsy formulas affect some people. Because I take prozac, my doc has me take pepsid as an allergy med. Sounds weird I know, but even at the hospital when I had a bad allergic reaction they gave me prescription strength pepsid. If you have been going to the same doc for a while, you might try calling and seeing if the doc would just call in a prescription of what you need... my does it for me.

maybe you should go see a doctor to make sure theres nothing wrong. I think you should :hug

I want to, but my insurance switched a little while ago. Twice actually. I had to leave my original doctor and go to this doctor I didn't like. Luckily the insurance switched again, and I am able to go back to my original doctor, but they had to cancel the appointment because the other doctor still hasn't switched over my records! The soonest open appt they had was for about 7 weeks!! Crazy!! Pain in the _____!!!!!

Have you had your blood checked? You could be anemic.... sounds like how I felt sometimes. Take iron and you feel a lot better. Well, I did.

The last time my I had my blood checked he said something about vitamin B.. I feel like it had a number next to it but it was vitamin B. He said it looks like something was wrong and that my body can't maintain the vitamin B.. And that I could get shots for it, but then the insurance switch and now I have to talk to my new (old?) doctor about that.

I don't think I can take iron! When I was pregnant with Taylor they gave me iron supplements. I got this weird rash. EWW! LMAO Apparently I am allergic to iron! LMAO I am making myself sound worse than I am. Like I am allergic to everything and need to live in a bubble!! lol It's not that bad! lol I just can't take those iron supplements because there's too much.

However there may be something to the anemic thing. My grandmom was, and maybe my mom too.. Any vitamins you guys recommend in the meantime?? Like a daily vitamin that's good???

I'm always borderline anemic..I always feel tired ..I to could sleep 10-12 hours easy..also (if your not ) eating a little healthier more fruits and veggies and proteins along with a multivitamin ..this helps me when I am in a slump :)sue I cannot take Iron either it make me ill but I can eat vitamin rich foods without ill effect

Edited by hi-d

Hey sweetie,

Yes, I know the feeling well. If you are taking anti depression meds AND allergy med daily that could be the reason. Even the non drowsy formulas affect some people. Because I take prozac, my doc has me take pepsid as an allergy med. Sounds weird I know, but even at the hospital when I had a bad allergic reaction they gave me prescription strength pepsid. If you have been going to the same doc for a while, you might try calling and seeing if the doc would just call in a prescription of what you need... my does it for me.

That's what I take too - prozac. It's worked for me better than most other meds, but MAN does it make me exhausted.. I've been on it for years now but I don't want to switch because it was the first medicine that really seems to help. And yep, adding the allergy meds on top of it.. It's nice to hear that someone knows how I feel. Sometimes I just feel like SUCH a lazy bum!!!! But I can't help it.... Trust me, I have soo many things I want to do, I HATE feeling like this.. I hardly have the energy some days to do things I LOVE! Then when you add the fact that I have trouble sleeping in general if I HAVE to sleep. I am just messed up!!! If I know I have to be up at a certain time, I just lay there and think "sleep sleep sleep" and can't, even if the rest of the day I've been nothing but sleepy. THANK GOD FOR SUMMER!!!!! This is why I tend to adapt to a really weird sleep schedule. During the school year, when I have to get my daughter up and ready I usually just stay up all night (since I can't sleep anyway and that's when I have the most energy) get her off to school. By then I am pushing it past when I would like to be asleep. (A perfect schedule for me would be going to be around 4 am every night). So by 8:30 I am OUT and can sleep til she gets home... It's off but it works!

Pepsid? So strange! I would have never thought of that!!! I'll have to check into that. Calling in a prescription won't work. The one doctor won't do it because they don't have my records, and the OTHER doctor won't do it without an appointment and my insurance won't cover it if I go to them.. Again... such a pain!!!

maybe you should go see a doctor to make sure theres nothing wrong. I think you should :hug

I want to, but my insurance switched a little while ago. Twice actually. I had to leave my original doctor and go to this doctor I didn't like. Luckily the insurance switched again, and I am able to go back to my original doctor, but they had to cancel the appointment because the other doctor still hasn't switched over my records! The soonest open appt they had was for about 7 weeks!! Crazy!! Pain in the _____!!!!!

The last time my I had my blood checked he said something about vitamin B.. I feel like it had a number next to it but it was vitamin B. He said it looks like something was wrong and that my body can't maintain the vitamin B.. And that I could get shots for it, but then the insurance switch and now I have to talk to my new (old?) doctor about that.

I don't think I can take iron! When I was pregnant with Taylor they gave me iron supplements. I got this weird rash. EWW! LMAO Apparently I am allergic to iron! LMAO I am making myself sound worse than I am. Like I am allergic to everything and need to live in a bubble!! lol It's not that bad! lol I just can't take those iron supplements because there's too much.

However there may be something to the anemic thing. My grandmom was, and maybe my mom too.. Any vitamins you guys recommend in the meantime?? Like a daily vitamin that's good???

I feel children's vitamins are the best. Many adult vit. have too many fat soluable in them and if you take them regularly can actually cause more probs. The new Fusion drinks by V8 are pretty good. They will help, I know they have been helping me.

I'm always borderline anemic..I always feel tired ..I to could sleep 10-12 hours easy..also (if your not ) eating a little healthier more fruits and veggies and proteins along with a multivitamin ..this helps me when I am in a slump :)sue I cannot take Iron either it make me ill but I can eat vitamin rich foods without ill effect

Okay so I am guilty of not eating the BEST I could eat.. I can't lie when it comes to that.. I'm a fast food addict! (OMG when I quit smoking I gained twenty pounds just from McDonalds I think! LMAO I did lose it though!! eventually) I've been trying to do salads more though.. Wendy's has really really good salads... Chicken BLT Salad, Mandarin Chicken Salad.. See, I've got to be able to combine fast food with healthy LOL (Actually I have one waiting for me now! YUM!)

I like fruits and veggies, but I do have my share of burgers... Candy, not so much..Sweets, chips. Doesn't really bother me. But give me a steak and OMG!!!!

The new Fusion drinks by V8 are pretty good. They will help, I know they have been helping me.

Ooooh I just looked them up on google. They look GOOD! Veggie drinks always sounded gross, but the fruit ones look good. How's the strawberry banana?!

I am anemic as well. I actually didn't find out until I was hospitalized for those fun muscle spasm/seizure things. Whatever it was I had going on. They took 3 or 4 of those huge vials of blood to figure out what was wrong.

Anyway, the doc told me that I either needed to start taking a vitamin supplement with 100% DV of Iron OR eat more fish. I can't ever remember to take my vitamins (or other meds and if I'm not careful, I'm gonna end up a mom!) and I don't like to eat fish, so I just sleep a lot.

When I DO take my vitamins, I feel great! :P

Edited by Anic

Ooooh I just looked them up on google. They look GOOD! Veggie drinks always sounded gross, but the fruit ones look good. How's the strawberry banana?!

Don't know about that flavor. Unfortunately, last year I found I had to stop eating bananas, they made my throat swell, and shortly after that zinc allergies came into play so strawberries and kiwi are small in portions and long time inbetween. But I can tell you that the pomagranate/blueberry is GOOD! They also have tropical orange that is good and acai mix which is fantastic and very good for you. Acai is one of the best antioxidents, even more so than blueberries.

I also wanted to mention that I find that when I am really tired physically, that a breif bout of exercise seems to help. It's hard, trust me, but a few jumping jacks or a small jog in my back yard seems to get the blood moving and helps me to keep going throughout the day.

I have to have a night time regime. I found that by doing the same thing before I go to bed every night has helped my body to realize it's bedtime and I can sleep better. It doesn't always work, but it does help. Just be careful of reading before going to sleep. I did that for a while and then I found that no matter when I picked up a book, I would fall asleep reading it. LOL

Oh, and milk, not a lot, but a small glass before bed helps too, so will celery and turkey a few hours before you go to bed. Not just before tho. It's hard on the body to eat and then go to bed.

Anyway, the doc told me that I either needed to start taking a vitamin supplement with 100% DV of Iron OR eat more fish. I can't ever remember to take my vitamins (or other meds and if I'm not careful, I'm gonna end up a mom!) and I don't like to eat fish, so I just sleep a lot.

What vitamin do you take? I need to get a good one..

I like fish, but mostly when it's fried, so that defeats the purpose I guess of trying to eat healthier? lol

Yep. I have a hard time remembering pills too. That's why I have my 8 yr old Taylor : )

Now I get the depoprovera shot. I've been getting it for a while, and supposedly THAT can cause osteoporosis, (I don't care if the spelling is wrong I don't feel like looking.). Apparently if you are going to be on depo for an extended period of time, you need to have a bone density scan done every few years. I've done it twice and everything was fine so far. I hope it stays that way!!! I love depo.. A 2 minute appointment every 3 months and I am covered! (And ironically my favorite seafood restaurant is near the office so we go there whenever I get my shot). AND I don't even get my monthly friend anymore... EVER!!! I think they longer you are on it, the harder it becomes to get pregnant, which is fine for me. I don't plan on any more kids. Pets, yes. LOL

but I do have my share of burgers
my kinda lady :-) MMMMM, burgers.

B vitamins, like those found in leafy veggies, can help your body w/ protein and create more energy. So on your next burger, don't skip on the lettuce. Hope ya get to feelin better soon tho, and that your new old doc will be able to help.

Thanks Roni for all the great advice. The blueberry one looked good too. I'll have to try those!!!

I know what you mean about exercise helping even when it seems like you are too tired.. If I can get myself movitated enough to swim I always feel better. That's why I love the summer.. I hate typical boring exercise, but swimming is great. And the best is swimming in the OCEAN!!! Ohhh I love it!!! Just a little bit of that and you feel sooo energized... Last year I was still swimming in the ocean in October.. I met this woman who I swear looked just like me but about 40 years older.She reminded me so much of myself I can't explain it. Her & her husband were on the boardwalk and she said she saw me out in the water and told her husband "look at the blond girl in the water! I WANT to go swimming! If I were younger I would go with her" LMAO

Actually this is again back to the fish, but doing the tanks (I still do bucket water changes) can be a good upper!!! But koko's is bad! It's interesting so I tend to just sit with my laptop when I should be MOVING about!! : )

QUOTEbut I do have my share of burgersmy kinda lady :-) MMMMM, burgers.

B vitamins, like those found in leafy veggies, can help your body w/ protein and create more energy. So on your next burger, don't skip on the lettuce. Hope ya get to feelin better soon tho, and that your new old doc will be able to help.

Thanks Justin! Hey, I have an idea!!! How bout a wendy's salad AND a wendy's burger?? LMAO.. Best of both worlds!! LOL Hey it says chicken wings in your sig!! yum! LMAO Okay seriously I have to go eat soon!!!

Hi Sue, I hope you can get your doctor situation sorted out soon. Crazy insurance problems drive me nuts too. I had to give up a really good doctor because they decided to stop dealing with our insurance company!

I just wanted to put in that I have been dealing wih allergies all my life, and I know that at least one of the latest over the counter antihistimines that are supposed to be "non-drowsy" made me fall asleep for a couple of hours in the middle of the day, as my kids were running around saying, "mommy, mommy? Ooo, she's asleep, let's watch TV and eat candy!" I think that medicine was claratin? Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.

About the depo and bone loss, that's more of a worry for teenagers. I worked at planned parenthood for a while so I have a freaky amount of birth control knowledge :P

I agree with what others have said about exercise. Right now I'm incredibly tired, even though I've been sleeping more than usual, and I know at least part of it is I haven't been exercising, and I'm usually a very active person. And I know I don't need to tell you, but the same goes for junk food. Ever watch the documentry Super Size Me? That one really shows how fast food can affect your energy level!

If you are looking for a simple multi vitimin, I've been taking 'one a day' for women for the past few years. The good thing is (at least here) you can buy a giant bottle of them at the big bulk stores and save a bundle :)

If you are looking for a simple multi vitimin, I've been taking 'one a day' for women for the past few years. The good thing is (at least here) you can buy a giant bottle of them at the big bulk stores and save a bundle :)

That's what I take. They're monster pills (I think), but aren't hard to swallow.

Now I get the depoprovera shot.

Every aspect of it sounds great...

... except for the needle part. Last time (before the hospital) I needed blood drawn it took 6 nurses, 2 docs and my mom to hold me down long enough. I can't make that up. It was about 5 years ago and my phobia is no better except that I can handle the tattoo shop now :P

I just wanted to put in that I have been dealing wih allergies all my life, and I know that at least one of the latest over the counter antihistimines that are supposed to be "non-drowsy" made me fall asleep for a couple of hours in the middle of the day, as my kids were running around saying, "mommy, mommy? Ooo, she's asleep, let's watch TV and eat candy!" I think that medicine was claratin? Anyway, I hope you feel better soon

This reminds me of time when my daughter told one of her friends (in front of their parents) "You can't come over. My mom has been sleeping all day" I was soooooo embarrassed LMAO I was taking clarinEX. Which is a prescription version that supposedly works when clatatin doesn't. It did for years.. Then just stopped.. All of a sudden. And oh yeah, my insurance won't cover THAT anymore either!!

Hi Sue, I hope you can get your doctor situation sorted out soon. Crazy insurance problems drive me nuts too. I had to give up a really good doctor because they decided to stop dealing with our insurance company!
you should move to Canada!!! insurance wha!!???...I'd share my doctor :D

I know it's just sooo retarded.. I have problem after problem with my insurance.. I've never gotten stuck with a big bill, but they are always switching things around... Ooooh CANADA! Do you guys have CMT Canada??? (Country music videos).. I want to go to Canada sometime just for concerts. Alot of my fav country singers are popular (or were popular) in Canada, and aren't in the US (Paul Brandt, Chris Cummings, Aaron Lines, etc).. I wanna come sometime and hit a bunch of shows. Oh and Low Level Flight (not country). Maybe I'll take a ride up there, see some concerts, and make a dr. appointment LOL

About the depo and bone loss, that's more of a worry for teenagers. I worked at planned parenthood for a while so I have a freaky amount of birth control knowledge :P

That's good to know!! And also, wasn't it worse if you smoke too? I feel like they said it (and all birth control really was).. It's been 2 years since i quit. Wait, 2 years and three months..

Every aspect of it sounds great...

... except for the needle part. Last time (before the hospital) I needed blood drawn it took 6 nurses, 2 docs and my mom to hold me down long enough. I can't make that up. It was about 5 years ago and my phobia is no better except that I can handle the tattoo shop now :P

Oh see I've never been afraid of needles really.. When they take blood it's not my FAVORITE thing, but the depo shot is sooooo easy. I can't even feel it at ALL!!! Especially since you can't see it.. Supposedly it can make you gain weight, but isn't that true of ALL birth control?!

I agree with what others have said about exercise. Right now I'm incredibly tired, even though I've been sleeping more than usual, and I know at least part of it is I haven't been exercising, and I'm usually a very active person. And I know I don't need to tell you, but the same goes for junk food. Ever watch the documentry Super Size Me? That one really shows how fast food can affect your energy level!

I did see that once!!! I know it's sooo bad for you.. I try to avoid it as much as I can, but...... it's my weakness!! The best I ever felt was when I did the Atkins diet.. I lost soooo much weight and was eating HUGE amounts of food.. I remember one summer I was at the lowest weight I was EVER at and we were cooking on the grill. NO JOKE I had 3 burgers without a bun and 2 chicken breasts with low carb BBQ sauce.. Everyone was like "HOW are you eating THAT and losing weight???". That diet was amazing for me. I felt energized. I looked good... BUt it was EXPENSIVE!!! I was on it strictly for about a year. Then I came off it and I got ONE taste of sugar and was like "cokes! bread!!! macaroni"... Now I try to stick to weight watchers points if at all possible.. I've been doing like a month strict weight watchers, then a month where I don't worry about itas much. I wanna lose more weight, but... I'll drive myself nuts with it.. I'm NEVER gonna be a size zero... (I'm also tall, 5'9" so that would just be ridiculous).. But I do need to eat healthier just in general...

That's what I take. They're monster pills (I think), but aren't hard to swallow

Thanks guys! I'll give them a try!!!

That's good to know!! And also, wasn't it worse if you smoke too? I feel like they said it (and all birth control really was).. It's been 2 years since i quit. Wait, 2 years and three months..

Good for you! :) And yes that is true. I remember one girl we had come down from seeing the doc at our clinic, she was in tears and freaking out because "the stupid doctor wouldn't give her the needle"...even though she was like 15 and smoking :rolleyes:

I did see that once!!! I know it's sooo bad for you.. I try to avoid it as much as I can, but...... it's my weakness!! The best I ever felt was when I did the Atkins diet.. I lost soooo much weight and was eating HUGE amounts of food.. I remember one summer I was at the lowest weight I was EVER at and we were cooking on the grill. NO JOKE I had 3 burgers without a bun and 2 chicken breasts with low carb BBQ sauce.. Everyone was like "HOW are you eating THAT and losing weight???". That diet was amazing for me. I felt energized. I looked good... BUt it was EXPENSIVE!!! I was on it strictly for about a year. Then I came off it and I got ONE taste of sugar and was like "cokes! bread!!! macaroni"... Now I try to stick to weight watchers points if at all possible.. I've been doing like a month strict weight watchers, then a month where I don't worry about itas much. I wanna lose more weight, but... I'll drive myself nuts with it.. I'm NEVER gonna be a size zero... (I'm also tall, 5'9" so that would just be ridiculous).. But I do need to eat healthier just in general...

I know people who had a lot of success with that too, but personally I really worry about the kind of damage that much protein could do. I think weightwatchers is a really fantastic system, it makes things so simple!

PS I can't believe you lasted a year on Atkins, I can't give up my carbs for more than two days!

Good for you! :) And yes that is true. I remember one girl we had come down from seeing the doc at our clinic, she was in tears and freaking out because "the stupid doctor wouldn't give her the needle"...even though she was like 15 and smoking :rolleyes:

Wow that's just sad... I know everyone has to make their own decisions but I just wanna scream when I see a young girl smoking, or doing other things like that.. I wanna say "please, you don't listen to your parents, but listen TO ME!!!". That's good that the doctor wouldn't do it!!

PS I can't believe you lasted a year on Atkins, I can't give up my carbs for more than two days!

When I make up my mind to do something I can be really good about sticking to it.. It was SOOO hard, but the futher I got into it, the more strict I got... I remember one day Shane had chicken nuggets (Wendy's again LOL) and he said "are you SURE you don't want one" and I was like "GET THAT NUGGET AWAY FROM ME".. The one thing I didn't like about Atkins (and dieting in general) is that because I get sooo strict about it, that I don't ever learn to give myself a break.. My friend Matt came over and said "I miss you! You used to have some drinks and be really silly and fun! Now all you care about is being thin".. It's true!!! I wouldn't even chill a LITTLE.. So now I guess I'm fat drunk & tired, but FUN! lol

Thanks countrylovah, now you got me hungry for a wendy's burger :)

Well, actually I'd forgotten about this post and now you reminded me and now I am hungry again!!! LMAO.... Ohhhh know what I want?!?!?! SONIC!!!!!!! We didn't use to have them here, and we got one but it's like 45 minutes away!.. (If I disappear for a few hours you know where I went)