Olympic Opening Ceremonies

lantern567

ooh! Thanks for the reminder! But, it's just starting here so I won't miss anything!

I guess not, well, I don't know, cuz it just started here....

Edited by Lynda Von G

I don't know. This is our regular major network channel. Regardless, I am awestruck! This truly is the most amazing, beautiful, stunning, brilliant opening ceremony I have EVER seen!

I watched it last night they it had it's moments but overall i was disappointed i thought it was ind off boring but that is coming from a teenage perspective. The cool thing was that it was not just the arena that held the opening ceremony it was the entire city they had fireworks and lasers coming off of every building.

Good to see you fumi it was live in some places i believe other countries had an hour time delay that is what was said when i turned the television on.

Edited by dan in aus

Tonight's ceremonies were off the scale. The dance sequences (can you even call something of that scale and magnificence dance?) had me awestruck. I didn't see all of the ceremony, so true, there might have been boring parts, but the part I saw wasn't something you'd turn off. Unfortunately, by the time I posted, they had moved on to the more "normal" Olympic ceremonial events like the march of the nations. I do hope very much that I will be able to get a video of the performances. If anybody finds videos, can you share?

(With people here from all over the world, it's kind of hard to talk about the concept of "when" isn't it?) :)

Here's a video in Dutch of the first part; the ancient drums:

2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony

Edited by Lynda Von G

oh ya I watched it it was AMAZING! hey who you guy rootin for besides the USA?

Everyone but america? :P I like to see challenges, not just someone way out in front, a good close game! Thats what makes sport so exciting! Not just the "oh he's in it.. well I may as well not watch it *changes channel*"

I love to see the smaller countries get in with a shot, even NZ our mortal enemies are great to watch!

Upon reading that it does sound a little harsh.. can I just blame it on the extremely poor coverage channel 7 is giving?

Well, if you want a tight race, how about the one tonight/yesterday, depending on where you are in the world between Michael Phelps and Milorad Cavic from Serbia in the 100-meter butterfly? That was such a nail-biter they filed a protest! But, it stood.

Oh! It truly was spectacular! Honestly, the best opening ceremony I've ever seen!

WELL! All of you aussies ought to be extremely proud about now! Your Matt Mitcham was the ONLY non-chinese diver to win gold! What a great job he did! Who hoo for the Aussies!