Look What I'm Getting For My Birthday

I've got a birthday coming up later this month and the kids wanted to know what I really wanted so I told them this Goldfish from Tommy's auction. Amazingly they said to go ahead and get it and they will pay for it! Then they added that at least it's not another dog,rofl. This has to be the cutest fish ever in a bizarre sort of way.

149th%20Auction%20(GN)%20636.jpg149th%20Auction%20(GN)%20647.jpg

HE's awesome!!! Very odd but very cool!! I like him!!

So where is he gonna go? Last I heard you were fully stocked! (Don't you love how we can always find ways to rearrange if needed?)

Awwww....Kathy...the goldfish is so beautiful...and its so awesome of your kids to give him/her to you as a birthday gift...thts so precious...Have a very Happy Birthday...and a wonderful year and life full of beautiful healthy goldfish around you...Cheers to you and your kids... :heart

I'm done now tho'. Existing tanks have no more room and I still have 14 fry that appear to be doing great,lol. So far I've only had to cull one.

Yep I even found the post.. Remember this one?? Just a few days ago?? LMAO

I don't blame you though I would do it in a SECOND! : )

I'm done now tho'. Existing tanks have no more room and I still have 14 fry that appear to be doing great,lol. So far I've only had to cull one.

Yep I even found the post.. Remember this one?? Just a few days ago?? LMAO

I don't blame you though I would do it in a SECOND! : )

I know, I know, lol. Soooo, I went out and bought two 28 gal tupperware containers. Figure on setting them up in the basement for the babies when big enough to move into. That gives me the 20 gal for this new fish which can go where the one 10 gal fry tank is right now. I'll be quarantining it in another 10 gal tupperware container. By the time it comes out of quarantine the babies will be 5 & 6 weeks old and should be able to be moved. Or I could put it in one of the 30 gal tanks if I wanted to max them out which I'm not too keen on but is an option. Lord, all this finagling is making me dizzy, rofl.

LMAO but sooo worth it right??? It's like when I got Kahlua & Malibu.. I didn't HAVE the space, but I was like "no I will MAKE this happen".. : ) And it worked out just fine... I love the wen/eye combo. It really is neat.. I looked at the auction after you said you were getting that one and I saw the panda moor.. You've really put me in the telescope mood... I can't get that lavendar cream moor out of my head.. I keep hoping someday another will pop up and when it does I can figure something out.. : ) Now I am going back through past sold fish at GFC and just driving myself nuts!! (meanwhile testing K & M's water..They are on day 23 of their QT!! WOO HOO! It went pretty past too. Then I could use a break from Qting fish for a while (unless miss lavendar cream moor pops up LMAO). Love the new fish Kath. Can't wait til he arrives and you have lots of new pics : )

And OH! Happy (early?) Birthday : ) Tell your kids my b-day is in October if they wanna buy me a b-day fish LMAO

Aw he's so cute! IS THAT A WEN??! LMAO I had NO IDEA Telescopes were suppose to have wens wow! :D

I didn't know ORANDAS had telescope eyes! How original!

Then I could use a break from Qting fish for a while

Boy! Do I know THAT feeling! I've been doing 70%-90% water changes every single day on two 10 gallons for the past month and a half! FINALLY, one is cycled (with fish) and the other is getting nitrates (without fish)!

AWWWW, what a cutie! What will you name him/her?

Yes! You must check back in when you choose a name! Make it a good one for such an unusual fish!

Oh, and your kids are WONDERFUL to do this for you! What a present! Happy, happy, happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

:birth:goldfish::happyb:goldfish::birthdayhap::goldfish:

Edited by Lynda Von G

Yes! You must check back in when you choose a name! Make it a good one for such an unusual fish!

Oh, and your kids are WONDERFUL to do this for you! What a present! Happy, happy, happy BIRTHDAY!!!!

:birth:goldfish::happyb:goldfish::birthdayhap::goldfish:

Thanks for the Birthday wishes ladies! It's actually in a couple of weeks so this is kind of an early present,lol.

Oh my gosh...I am so excited for you. I love this fish...it is so unusual, but somehow that much cuter because of it. When I've been checking out the auctions I keep thinking, "I wonder if I know anyone who is going to get one of these guys" and now I do...and it is one of my favorites. I'm so happy for you!

what a unique fish! i'm totally jealous. i told my mom i wanted the tri-color telescope or the panda and she laughed. she thought i was joking when i told her how much they were going to sell for. lol. *sigh* still havent won that one over. she still laughs at all of my tanks and asks when i'm going to stop rescuing things.

WAIT I'm being serious what is it an Oranda with telescope eyes or a telescope with a wen??! lmao

:exactly

They are usually called Dragoneye Oranda's. I think they were developed from crossing Telescopes with Oranda's or visa versa. I had one years ago and loved it dearly. I'm pretty sure I have pics of it somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and try to scan them to the puter.

They are usually called Dragoneye Oranda's. I think they were developed from crossing Telescopes with Oranda's or visa versa. I had one years ago and loved it dearly. I'm pretty sure I have pics of it somewhere. I'll see if I can find them and try to scan them to the puter.

That's it! I found this video of a

: