Interesting Guppy Research

Chrissy_Bee

• 6 months later...

This is so interesting! I love information like this - learning from observing other animals. Even guppies. I wonder how they figured out who was male or not? Maybe they tagged them somehow. What do you think?

There is a physical difference in males & females. My science teacher has a guppy "aquarium" (that looks like a bad pond 'cause it's full of algae and crud) and you can tell the difference. I forgot what is different.... had her last year. :P

There is a physical difference in males & females. My science teacher has a guppy "aquarium" (that looks like a bad pond 'cause it's full of algae and crud) and you can tell the difference. I forgot what is different.... had her last year. :P

Oh! lol Shows you how much I know about guppies. Goldfish are kind of a unique animal when it comes to gender, you think? Both genders look the same. Males aren't prettier than females (like birds). I wonder if there are jobs where we can all observe our fish's behaviors and get paid for it. Wow!

Oh! lol Shows you how much I know about guppies. Goldfish are kind of a unique animal when it comes to gender, you think? Both genders look the same. Males aren't prettier than females (like birds). I wonder if there are jobs where we can all observe our fish's behaviors and get paid for it. Wow!

It's called 'a PhD in behavioural biology', and although it's fun to observe animal behaviour, I can assure you, every so often you've had it up to here with it :-s

That being said, it can also be a lot of fun :) .

Nice study by the way ^_^.

Edited by Erinaceus

• Admin

This makes alot of since. Female guppies when you stock a tank you want a handful of females to one male in the tank. Females are always getting harassed by the males....interesting that they rather be a predator then harassed :lol

Male guppies some times cant tell male and female :lol I see this in my 30 gal tank. Easy for us to tell :rofl