Cheap Dry Ferts?

Guest Danicole

Guest Danicole

I still can't figure out the answer to this :( I've got a 20 gallon tank for my neons that is going to be planted. BUT I don't know how to figure out which light to get. I'm looking at T5 lighting, and there are 2 fixtures I can get that are in my budget. One is 28 watts, the other is 36 watts(and too long and would need to be put sideways over the tank) I'm NOT using pressurized co2 because of cost and technical stuffs(going to use flourish excel instead, though it isn't quite as good) Which would be good for medium light plants?

Also, I know dry fertilizers are more cost efficient than liquid ones, but where can I get them? I really don't want to order them from online, but I know I'll need them for the tank. Is there any way to get what I need from someplace like Home Depot?

Thank you :)

Guest Danicole

They don't sell dry ones though. And really not enough liquid ones. All either any of the local ones(other than the mom & pop ones I do NOT patronize because of the way they treat animals, whose prices are ridiculous anyway) have is(well, mmm doesn't sell a brand I am familiar with at all) the trace elements and some iron. Guess I'll get it online then.

• Admin

When i had a planted tank I used Redsea Substrate it worked really well. I just took out all the gravel in the tank and just had a nice 1" layer of this in the tank....light i had was a Coralife compact and that tank grew alot of plants... :D

http://www.aquariumshoppe.com/thestore/prods/020151.html