Brand of test-kit used - API Master

[*]Tank size - 20 G, 10 months

[*]Marineland Penguin 250

[*]Water changes weekly - 20 to 40%

[*]2 - 2" Orandas

[*]Prime

[*]Any medications added to the tank - No

[*]Add any new fish to the tank - No

[*]What do you feed your fish - ProGold, Hikari Gold, Bloodworms, Spirulina, peas

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as

"grains of salt", None

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? None

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating,ect..? Swimming upside down, lethargic but only for one day.

I went on a vacation for 5 days. My mom was watching the fish, said the girl started swimming funny one day. Acting like she had swim bladder disorder or something, but it didn't last long. When I got home last night I tested the water and found the pH was really high. I did a 60% wc, removed all plants and scrubbed the driftwood. This morning the pH was 7.8 and there was floaty poop in the tank. Could they be impacted eggs? What could have made the pH go so high?

BTW, yesterday was their day for fasting and they had spirulina this morning. I noticed the floaty poop before I fed them.

my tester is a little different ..do you have a high end tester ?? (Ihave a high and low ph tester ) ..my ph is a stable 8.3 ..maybe 8.4 which my fish are happy in it ..I do not know the side effects of a climbing ph or a high ph ..just a lowering one I'm going to look it up and I want to post a thread of a floaty fish that I have and Trinket had a good response

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...ic=71231&hl=

I would fast them for 3 days maybe they were a lttle overfed while you were gone ...as for a ph climb I wonder how that happens myself ..your test kit up to date or possibly somthing got into the test tube ?? do you have really hard water??I would test morning and night for the next few days to see if it is stable or is climbing ...as for side effects of a super high ph I don't know I reaaly think goldies can adjust to high ph ..you just don;t want it all over the place here is another thread I found on high ph

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...hp?showtopic=26

I don't see how, tumbled rocks are tumbled with no chemicals. They use water and a steel tumbler and tumble them for weeks, that's how they come to be polished. Anyways, yes...I have polished rocks in my aquarium. I'll post a picture when I get home.