Strange Growth On Head

Guest Rmagnus

Guest Rmagnus

img1500at8.th.jpg

Please help theres a strange growth on the head of my goldie.... its 130am over here n i got no testers T.T will buy one at the lfs later but could anyone advice what med to get as well?

no idea how to explain what the growth looks like.. maybe a pimple or worm thingie growing out of it. I feed my goldies with gel food ( peas,brocolie,spanich, carrots,salmon, shrimps mix), frozen blood worms and Saki-Hikari Fancy goldfishfood.

120gallon thank with 9 goldies, built in internal filter with cotton, bio balls, cermic rin g etc. Its been up for 3 months

Princess is still very active but the growth is causing me alot of stress....

Edited by Rmagnus

a pimple with a worm thing growing out sounds like anchor worm.

I would wait for a helper or mod to advise treamtment, but knowing your water parameters and water changing, cleaning routines will help with accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Water testing is essential to fish keeping, especially if you're setting up a newer tank.

Good luck...hang in there. The folks here are super-helpful!

• Admin

It looks like Wen growth honestly. Goldfish with wens will get little tuffs of white spots on there head when they are growing. Does it look hard or like a soft white tissue?

Guest Rmagnus

it looks like hard tissue, the more i look at it the more it looks like a pimple, will head to my lfs after night class to pick up the water tester later, hope its not a worm >.<

• Admin

before you add anything to the tank. I would pick him up gently and have a q-tip with peroxide and gently dap the area. Then see how it looks in 24 hours. If it is head growth it will wipe away when you do and the area will be clean. :D