Fertilizer?

Franky

For my tank, I use a mix of ferts. Most planted tanks need N,P,K (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) as well as traces. For nitrogen, I use a mix of 1 teaspoon stump remover to 500mL of water, for phosphorus, I use Kents Phosphorus about 1-2 drops per 10gallons. For potassium, I mix 1 teaspoon of NuSalt or NoSalt to 500 ml of water. For traces, I use regular Flourish. My dosing schedule is about 5ml per 10 gallons of N and K everyother day, 1-2 drops of P every other day, and 5ml of Flourish twice a week. The fishies should be perfectly safe as long as you didn't overdose on fertilizers

dats cool where do you get the rest of the salts and pottasium?i have the flourish thing do i need the other things or is that sufficient?

The stump remover, which is potassium nitrate, can be found in the gardening section of most home improvement stores. The No-Salt in the spices aisle of a grocery store, right next to the regular salt. If you can find a variety with pure potassium chloride, that would be best. I use a brand made by Morton Salts. Although both of the items I mentioned contain potassium, it is best to use stump remover for nitrate and potassium chloride for potassium. If you used just the stump remover for N and K, you could end up with a nitrate overdose.

As far as using just the Excel, that could work depending on how heavily planted your tank is or will be. What size of tank do you have and how many plants? If the tank is lightly planted, you may be able to get away with just a potassium source and Excel for trace nutrients.

You can also buy the nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus online like this:

Seachem Flourish Nitrogen

Seachem Flourish Potassium

Seachem Flourish Phosphorus