Ouch!

Maceo

For someone who studied ballet for eleven years I am such a clutz, this morning on the way from the bathroom to the laundry room after my morning shower I stubbed my toe on the corner of our stone fireplace. After some explicit language and hopping about I thought that it wasn't that bad and then about 2 minutes later the pain and swelling set in and now it's huge, painful, and has a lovely purple hue! All of this when I just found the most perfect shoes to wear with my gorgeous dress for my cousin's wedding on Friday, I was so excited about getting to dress up and look nice, darn it! I think if the pain hasn't let up in the morning I am going to call the doc and see what he has to say. I am keeping off it, it's elevated and I am icing it every hour for 20 minutes, any other suggestions?

dosn't that suck !!! I hope the swelling goes down and it gets better fast for the wedding !!...I always do stuff like that ..when I was getting married a week before ,I got into poison Ivy and broke out EVERYWHERE...I went to my doctor cause I was freaking out ..so he described really strong steriods..which worked ..then we were going to a big new years eve bash and I had these real nice classy knee high boots I fell down the basement stairs 2 days before and just about broke my leg it swelled so big that I could not put my boots on .I still had a sore leg but the swelling went down so I could wear the boots :D

If its your little toe, it may be broken. I have broken mine 3 times stubbing it on things and there's nothing the doctors can do but give you something for the pain. I braced mine myself with a popsicle stick and some adhesive, lol. I'm very hard on my toes. :D

Thanks for the sympathy and advice guys!

Hi-d I am glad that you understand how annoying it is when you can't wear pretty shoes!

Liz I got on the motrin, thanks!

Vickie three times! ouch! I'm use to hurt toes from ballet but just ingrown toe nails and horrible bloody blisters, this is awful, I can't imagine doing it three times!! and popsicle sticks? :rofl I bet that was a sight!

if it is broken and you dont want to have a Popsicle stick taped to your toe (lol...sorry vickie but i have a hilarious mental pic of that!) you can alway tape it to the toe next to it. keep it straight and tape it up...i taped up a friend's toe for her wedding (darn bachelorette party got a little crazy!) we used medical adhesive tape and then covered it with a flesh colored bandaid so you could hardly tell it was taped. BUT DONT TAPE TO TIGHT! you can cut off circulation and sometimes cause nerve damage if you tape it too tight.

I hope your toe isn't broken! I broke the little toe on my right foot about 2 years ago. I walked past a table, and it stuck it's leg out and tripped me. :rolleyes:

I thought it hurt a little too much, and when I looked down, it was sticking at an odd angle. Like llll / It was gross..... It made me nauseous to look at it.

They "fixed" it, then taped that toe to the next one, like liz said. Then they gave me a lovely blue hard soled velcro shoe to wear. Talk about your fashion statements.... :blink:

I hope you're not in much pain, and the swelling goes down soon! Keep us posted! :)

Debbie

Well, the first time it kind of freaked me out, but after that I just used some really really bad words.

Maceo I like to tell the story that I could've been a prima ballerina! When I was 6 I was taking ballet lessons. We had a sliding closet door in our house and it came off the track and broke my toe so that was the end of the ballet lessons!! :D Ah...but for a junky closet door I could've been in Swan Lake, I'm sure, LOL! :rofl

Thanks guys, Debbie I am so glad mine isn't at an odd angle, I couldn't handle that!

well this morning it is still swollen and hurts a ton and is now more a blue-green color, my dad finally talked me into going to the doctor this afternoon just to make sure I haven't done something completely crazy to it, which with me is entirely possible. I'll let you know what the doctor says this afternoon. On the upside my blue toe will complement my kelly green dress for the wedding. :rofl

Sooooo it's broken but not out of alignment so I have to tape it and keep it iced and elevated. And the doctor, who I have known since I was three told me to wear the heels, he said it's gonna hurt but you have to do what you have to do for the wedding! :rofl He has a daughter he knows!

Aww it's broken? I just read this thread for the first time.

Okay let's see. You are gonna wear the shoes anyway to match the dress at the wedding. Is it an open bar??? Drink a LOT to dull the pain!! : )