My Grandson

daryl

Alex continues to improve and heal at an absolutely unbelieveable pace. The doctors say that if they were to write a book, describing the best case senerio on every aspect of this heart problem, surgery and subsequent recovery, Alex would be the perfect esxample for every step of the way. We are ........ dumbfounded.

THere is a picture that my daughter took with her phone. Alex is almost 5 weeks old now. That stupid looking thing is a pacifier that the hospital uses..... sorry about that. But he is so wide-eyed and aware - quietly so. He spends much of his time listening to story books and looking at the pictures in books. The kids get to hold him now, so he is held nearly all the time. Alex is also starting to take a bottle - regular milk!!!! He has lost several pounds - but is gaining it back in leaps and bounds. He continually wants more food than they think he should - and demands it in no uncertain terms.

We are thrilled!!!!

Now all we have to worry about is the current hurricane - (Theya re sitting in NEw Orleans..... )

post-27-1217851430_thumb.jpg

Alex continues to improve and heal at an absolutely unbelieveable pace. The doctors say that if they were to write a book, describing the best case senerio on every aspect of this heart problem, surgery and subsequent recovery, Alex would be the perfect esxample for every step of the way. We are ........ dumbfounded.

THere is a picture that my daughter took with her phone. Alex is almost 5 weeks old now. That stupid looking thing is a pacifier that the hospital uses..... sorry about that. But he is so wide-eyed and aware - quietly so. He spends much of his time listening to story books and looking at the pictures in books. The kids get to hold him now, so he is held nearly all the time. Alex is also starting to take a bottle - regular milk!!!! He has lost several pounds - but is gaining it back in leaps and bounds. He continually wants more food than they think he should - and demands it in no uncertain terms.

We are thrilled!!!!

Now all we have to worry about is the current hurricane - (Theya re sitting in NEw Orleans..... )

Such fabulous news Daryl!!! :heart:bighug

I am surprised that you are dumbfounded though. With so many prayers going out for your dear Grandson, it shouldn't surprise you that God works miracles!!

He sounds like a very calm, happy baby. I'm sure we will all continue to pray for his recovery, and safety from the storm.

I think it's predicted to go more towards Texas, but you never know with those things, do you! :blink:

Thank you for keeping us updated!! :exactly

:Congrats:

Debbie

What an intelligent little face. He has been through so much and come so far in his short little life time. He is a hero and a very special baby. May he continue to go from strength to strength :flowers

I apologize for posting sooo many photos, but. as a proud Grandma, I just cannot resist. Each photo is just so much better than the last - and each day, Alex makes just leaps and bounds toward health.

HEre is Grandma's Treasure today. He is wearing clothes again, eating milk, and has all but his main line (IV to the heart) out!!!!! Such a good little kid - he has taken this in stride so well. The tubes down his throat have injured his vocal chords (they should heal in time) so his cry sounds like a little squeaky rubber toy, but then, he does not cry much anyway.

I know I am biased - but he is one of the prettiest babies, ever....and will get better as he puts some more weight back on. :):):):heart:heart:heart ..

post-27-1218114003_thumb.jpg

post-27-1218114034_thumb.jpg

He is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how quickly little ones heal from surgery? The vital energy in their bodies is so strong that they just bounce right back, ten times faster than an adult would. Please continue to post photos -- we love to see them. We are all so happy for you and for your daughter and her husband.

Oh Daryl it's so great to see him looking so healthy and happy :heart:heart

My bf's sister had a chlid with a similar condition and he did not fair well, I'm SO happy to see your grandson's recovery...keep the pics coming!

Oh, he's adorable all arms and legs! He reminds me of my nephew that I called a little spider monkey when he was born, long arms and legs and adorable brown eyes! No wonder you are such a proud grandma, he's quite the miracle baby!