Stupid Question

Do those mylar tank backgrounds go inside or outside the tank?

It's outside right? I don't know why I just had a huge brainfart about them. lol.

I put my backgrounds on the outside of the tank and secure them with a little bit of clear tape.

When I first bought one I thought it went on the inside and I sat there going "why is this not STICKING"... What a fool LOL

There are some backgrounds - usually 3-D ones - that are designed to be placed in the tank. But the majority are applied to the back, outside.

:)

That is not a stupid question!

Note to all viewers: THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE NOT ASKED!

ditto, ditto, ditto! And I love backgrounds added to tanks. I just think there's nothing that ruins a picture of a beautiful fish more than seeing a bunch of wires and equipment (and the ugly wall! lol!) lurking in the background.

Note to all viewers: THE ONLY STUPID QUESTION IS THE ONE NOT ASKED!

ditto, ditto, ditto! And I love backgrounds added to tanks. I just think there's nothing that ruins a picture of a beautiful fish more than seeing a bunch of wires and equipment (and the ugly wall! lol!) lurking in the background.

Phylal, you just stated one of the basic principles of goldfish keeping :exactly , and one that can never be emphasized enough, so :goodjob:clapping: .

About the wall, I agree. Our large tank, once it's moved to our new place, will be an exception though :) : it's be placed next to a medium-dank blue wall, so that should go quite well with the aquarium ^_^.