Help Upsdie Down

Guest noirsphynx

Guest noirsphynx

I found my goldfish upsdie down this morning with gravel stuck in her mouth. I was able to remove it but she can't correct herself from the belly up position. She swims around the tank and acts fine other than being upside down. Is there any way I can save her or is she done for :cry1

Hiya!! Welcome to koko's!!

Wow, sorry to hear about your fish problems!!! That's excellent that you removed the piece of gravel!

There are some wonderful moderators, helpers and members that will be able to help you with your fish. However, the first thing we ask is that you fill out the box of questions at the top of the page.. I know it might seem like "But it's just a piece of gravel! Why do you need all this info?" LOL

But fish can be so complicated. Sometimes what appears to be the cause, simply isn't. Or sometimes water conditions may be affecting things more than we realize. If you can copy & paste the questions and answer them, we can start to figure out what is going on with your fish..

Thanks so much!! : )

I found my goldfish upsdie down this morning with gravel stuck in her mouth. I was able to remove it but she can't correct herself from the belly up position. She swims around the tank and acts fine other than being upside down. Is there any way I can save her or is she done for :cry1

If she's swimming upside down, it seems (to me) that she has some trouble with her swim blatter or has some air in her bowels that needs to 'flush through' (goldfish can have gas too :rolleyes: ), but if she act fine despite being upside down I'd hardly think she's 'done for'. Without knowing more, it's entirely possible that the problem might go away after some time or perhaps one of the moderators may know how to correct it, so just for now I'd certainly not give up hope. As Sue mentioned, be sure to answer as much of the questions above as you can. If there's anything that can be done the mods and the more experienced members on this forum will know, and you can be sure that they'll try your best to help you ;) .

(Koko's is a very friendly place, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have, however silly you might feel for asking them: there is no such thing as a stupid question, especially if it's about helping to make sure your goldie is all right)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest katie.P

try feeding her some peas, i hear this helps to flush air out of a fishes system or something along that line (basicaly i hear it helps wrid the fish of the swim bladder disease)