Sign in to follow this  
Smilingfish

210g Finally Getting Somewhere!

So after several months of sitting in our den, (it was becoming a joke with our family) the 210g's base is constructed and ready for the oak trim work.

Here it is finally getting up off the floor:

IMG00120.jpg

And here it is with the lights:

IMG00121.jpg

Nice tank, I wish I had room for a nice big one like that.

Nice! Who is building the stand? That's going to be so incredible when it's finished!

Nice! Who is building the stand? That's going to be so incredible when it's finished!

mr. smilingfish is building it. :heart

We picked up the oak today and now he is in the gargage varnishing. We chose to custom make our stand rather than purchase one. Semi-wood and particle board just wouldn't do this big baby justice. Oh, and we had to reinforce the floor of our den first before we built the cabinet. So some of our lost time with the tank on the floor did include installing a cross I beam in the ceiling of our basement.

me and my goldies are moving in !!! :D ...very nice !!!!!

C'mon in Heidi there will be lotsa room!

We have 2 comets in our 125g and they have more than doubled in size in the past 3 months!! And I finally named them...Chloe & Zoe.

So how do I convince Mr. Smilingfish to come build one of those for me??!!! LOL

awesome tank! Looks like the stand is turning out great too!

I showed the tank photo to my fish and now they want one. I get no peace..... :krazy:

I showed the tank photo to my fish and now they want one. I get no peace..... :krazy:

:rofl2:rofl3:tomuch:

We have 2 comets in our 125g and they have more than doubled in size in the past 3 months!! And I finally named them...Chloe & Zoe.

how do u keep just 2 in there??? If I have room I cant keep myself from buying more goldfish!! How do u do it?? I swore that i would get only 2 commons, 1 comet and 1 shubbie for the 125, now I have 2 comons, 2 comets, 1 shubbie, and 1 oranda :krazy: lol. And I've ended up with 2 orandas, 1 pompom, and 1 albino bn pleco in the 29 g when I swore i'd get only 2 goldfish!!!!!! (but the plecos were only cuz i got them super cheap at an auction! And the pleco is moving to the 125 when he gets bigger, but he hasnt grown much, his brother in the 46 gallon who started out smaller than him has grown like crazy though!!)

Edited by Shamu23

how do u keep just 2 in there??? If I have room I cant keep myself from buying more goldfish!! How do u do it?? I swore that i would get only 2 commons, 1 comet and 1 shubbie for the 125, now I have 2 comons, 2 comets, 1 shubbie, and 1 oranda :krazy: lol. And I've ended up with 2 orandas, 1 pompom, and 1 albino bn pleco in the 29 g when I swore i'd get only 2 goldfish!!!!!! (but the plecos were only cuz i got them super cheap at an auction! And the pleco is moving to the 125 when he gets bigger, but he hasnt grown much, his brother in the 46 gallon who started out smaller than him has grown like crazy though!!)

Actually there are 2 comets, 3 blood parrot fish each about 8", and 9 clown loaches of which 2 are over 6". Sorta an odd combination, however our fish seem to migrate as we free up other tanks or purchase a new one. This aquarium stuff is such a sickness.... :ill:panana

oh ok lol

Installing a cross-beam in the basement! Now that's a fish project! :D

Installing a cross-beam in the basement! Now that's a fish project! :D

No doubt this project already is way over budget :thud and we haven't even gotten to fill the tank yet!

Wow You could open your own little aquarium, and make people pay to see it. If you wanted to you could make that a swimming pool. Geez 210g is HUGE!!!!