A Plec And A Betta?

liz_okerson

i have a 5g hex tank w/ biowheel filter for my betta. the tank is lightly planted w/ gravel as the substrate. i have a TON of green algae growing and i'm having a hard time keeping up with it. can i put a tiny plec in there with my betta? wellington (betta) is pretty chill..doesnt really get too agitated by anything so i'm thinking he would be ok with the plec...my only concern is that the plec will hurt wellington. well, that and if two fish in the 5g is going to be too much for that tank. any advice?

I have a Clown Pleco with my betta in a 5 gallon tank.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=70108

They seem to do well. And Bozo gets a bit of broccoli stem a couple times a week that he loves. KA-BLAM is not interested in broccoli stem - so they don't compete for it.

What kind of Pleco are you considering?

i hadnt gotten that far yet...i figured i would research after i found out if i could even put one in there. i want something thats fairly small and will stay fairly small. nothing like what joy and penguin had. lol. my tank is planted...do they eat plants? any advice on what kind of pleco to get?

y dont u try an oto catfish? They stay small, I kept mine in a 5 gallon hex for awhile and he did a pretty good job of getting rid of the algae, maybe u could even get 2 or 3 as long as u keep the water clean :)