Cory Cat Hanging Out...

Here's a pic of my emerald cory Whiskers I've posted about...

005-2.jpg

He started sitting up there today, he'll swim down for a minute then goes right back, the other fish will bump into him every once in a while and he still won't budge he just turns around every once in a while. It's a little weird. Plus these are about the best pics I've been able to take with my wimpy camera phone so I figure I'd post them.

001-3.jpg

:kewlpics: Cute fish, and your :Aquarium11: looks like it's decorated quite niciely! That's kinda funny that he's just sittin' there... :) Edited by Petperson04

Those are really cute pix! He might be more active if he had a few emerald cory friends to swim with. They only get about 3-3 1/4 inches in size so maybe you have room for more? Cories like to schoal in large numbers in the wild even though they seem to do ok alone. :)

Those are really cute pix! He might be more active if he had a few emerald cory friends to swim with. They only get about 3-3 1/4 inches in size so maybe you have room for more? Cories like to schoal in large numbers in the wild even though they seem to do ok alone. :)

Thanks! I'm getting another emerald next week to see if it perks him up a little. Right now I've got a peppered cory in with him but they ignore each other for the most part.

:kewlpics: Cute fish, and your :Aquarium11: looks like it's decorated quite niciely! That's kinda funny that he's just sittin' there... :)

I thought it was funny too. I've got plenty of hiding spaces but he wants to sit out in the middle of the tank. Maybe he just wants to socialize.

I noticed my different type cories didn't really hang out much either. But I now have 6 pygmy cories and they do swim/rest together quite often.

Hope Whiskers will appreciate his new friend. Maybe you could get a couple more pepper cories as well--just a thought! I find cories to be very addicting--I always want another one. ;)

I'd like to get as many cories as possible but I'll probably be at my limit with 4 fancy gf, 1 peppered cory and 2 emeralds in a 55g. Maybe I could squeeze one more in... :D

Cute pics. Corys (like mentioned above) like company, so the extra corys in the tank will probably do your two some good. Corys also like to sit around in brightly lit areas of the tank, so he's just doing what makes him feel good :-)

I noticed your gravel is pretty spread out on the bottom, I wonder if the space between the stones makes it less comfortable for him to sit on the bottom, so he picked a more comfortable space? I wouldn't change anything though, he seems pretty happy up there.