Strange Request

daryl

It may sound strange, but there is a young soldier in the US Army who is mildly allergic to polyester. We have found a source or 100% cotton for the basic green t-shirt that is worn under his uniform for general wear, but for PT training, he is required to wear the gray PT training shirt.... the standard wear that is a mix of polyester/cotton. It is giving him nasty rashes - sending him to the medic nearly every day for relief.

The current solution is to wear an undershirt under the PT wear. This, however, will not work when he goes for full training in the 100+ degree heat of Texas or is shipped out to Iraq.

I have been seraching on the internet for a source for 100% cotton PT t-shirts. Unfortunately I am finding NOTHING.. and my computer is a slow dinasaur. There are vintage ones (not current), and "fake" ones (not real), but I need to find the REAL thing.

Anyone have dancing fingers and a fast computer that can find such a thing?????

What is "PT?" Are these shirts camoflaged or solid color? What color?

PT is physical training. They are a gray heather t-shirt with "ARMY" written on the front and a refelective "A" on the back. He has to have the OFFICIAL one - or he is considered "out of uniform" and given a write up.

:(

I found this:

Ebay Army T-Shirt

I don't know if this is the right size or if the seller has more, but, it says its 100% cotton and it appears to be official military issue.

Good grief you would think the army could let him wear the other color so he does not get the rash since they don't have what he needs. After all he is putting his life on the line. Good Gobble Goo!

They would, perhaps, but he will NEVER ask...... I guess it is macho or something. Typical male.....

I will check out that ebay item....

Thanks. :)

Good grief you would think the army could let him wear the other color so he does not get the rash since they don't have what he needs. After all he is putting his life on the line.

:exactly Gee, you'd think so... :unsure:

Good luck finding what you need, daryl! :thumb:

Good Gobble Goo!

Lol, echo that. He cant surely be the only one with skin allergies. Polyester is terrible for people with excema. I guess men dont want to admit to having sensitive skin huh.