New Ranchu Or Lionhead..

Guest Dragon

Yep, I agree... looks like a Lionhead to me! A very cute Lionhead, that is. Looks like (s)he needs a little fattening up, can't wait to see how (s)he looks in a few months with your care! :)

Guest Dragon

i cant wait till see (s)he after a few months either i am currently keep (s)he in a 10 gallon tank by (s)he self b/c all my other fish is from 6-8.5 inches.. so i dont want them to eat all the food and so on... think he will grow fast b/c only one fish in 10 gallon ... :)

That's probably a wise decision. I have kept 1 inch fish with 6 inch fish before and let me tell you, it was a struggle. More poor tiny Lionhead could barely compete for food with his monstrous Oranda tankmates. :)

Guest Dragon

I also got another question.. pertent now (s)he is a lionhead as you guys say it is... so like can later on after he grow up can (s)he turn in to a ranchu(you know the body shape changing) ??? just curious :unsure:

Nope, it's a "breed" more or less. That would be like buying a cocker spaniel and hoping it grows into a poodle. :) One thing you will notice though is it's body will deepen and it's wen will (most likely) grow, but overall, the changes which will occur will be based on three factors: water quality, food, and most importantly, genetics.

Guest Dragon

YOU GUYS SHOULD ALSO CHECK OUT MY TANK VIDS at the VIDS section PRETTY KOOL vids I GUESS FOR ME>>>>

Edited by Dragon