Guess What Happened Today!

Shamu23

So we were in the city picking up someone from the airport (and going to petland to look at the cute fishies :P ) so while we were driving back I was looking down at something when suddenly my mom slams on the brakes and I hear the tires screeching. So I look up and infront of us is a big truck and u see pieces of another car's tail light flying in all directions. Ok so the truck infront of us crashed into the car infront of him...so we backed up and as we drove by we saw that the little car was reduced to about half its size, airbags didnt go up and the driver of the car was injured. My mom just keeps driving and she starts talking about how the poor shiny new car is wrecked, so I was like "omg u careless people, there are people that are injured and ur talking about the car! Standing right behind them the least u could've done is make sure that they already called an ambualance!" geez, and still she goes on about the car saying that she had wanted one of those awhile ago :glare: . That reminds me of another time in winter, there was a car in the ditch and theres people in it so I said "maybe we should pull over and help them" so my mom goes "they seem to be alive so its all good". And she claims that she's a caring person..... yeah right!

Edited by Shamu23

people are to scared to stop anymore or we think well they have cell phones ..no wonder why the world is going mad these days we do not depend on human kindness anymore ..Shamu my husband ran out of gas while on his motorcycle and not ONE grown up stopped to offer help ....it was all young kids stopping and asking if he needed a cell or if he wanted a ride or if he wanted to load up his bike on the back of their trucks ...there is soooooo many good kids out there still...and consider yourself one of them ... :heart

I didn't want to say anything as it was your mom, but you said it all yourself. I'm just glad that you are able to see a different side of things and won't be influenced by an authority figure, who, in this case, was wrong. Technically, it is against the law to leave the scene of an accident if you're a witness, not just actually involved, although the laws in each state could vary.

This isn't that uncommon actually, it's called the 'bystander effect' like when theres other people around and people think that someone else will handle it, or that someone else will call for an ambo or think that someone probably already has. Although it feels awful to think that you think your mum totally acted the wrong way to the incident, a lot of other people probably did the same thing!

Edited by svendenhowser

yeah, no one actually stopped :( . If it was just me in the car I totally would've gotten out of the car cuz wat if they dont even have a cellphone.... And we almost hit the back of the truck, we stopped like 1 inch infront of it so I dont see what so hard about quickly getting out and making sure the other people r ok when ur right there anyway :glare:

Edited by Shamu23

Yes thats the logical explanation of what people would do! And a lot of the people who didn't stop would have thought the same thing before/after an incident that "next time they'll do something!" thats why it's such a strange phenomenon..