Hole In Fin

Lavinia

Hi again guys, I always seem to be posting problems :(

[*]Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level? 0 (Checked last week, will check tomorrow with water change)

Nitrite Level? 0 (same as above)

Nitrate level? 10-20 (same as above)

Ph Level, (If possible,KH and GH and chloramines)? Will test tomorrow

Ph Level (KH/GH) out of the Tap? As above

Brand of test-kit used? (strips or drops?) API Drops

[*]Tank size (How many Gals) and How long has it been running? 180L Running for about 2 years

[*]What is the name and size of the filter/s? The jewel internal filter with a 1000lph powerhead and a 700 tetra tec ex

[*]How often do you change the water and how much? every week around 50%

[*]How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fish teo orandas and one pearlscale

[*]What kind of water additives or conditioners? King british Safe Guard

[*]Any medications added to the tank? melafix

[*]Add any new fish to the tank? Nope

[*]What do you feed your fish? Peas and hikari oranda gold

[*]Any unusual findings on the fish such as

"grains of salt",

bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Yes, hole in tail fin and redness all around it

[*]Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating,ect..? he has started to sit on the bottom recently.

As said above water tested fine last week but tomorrow i am testing again with a waterchange so I will post the results again.

When I first got my pearlie I did notice that his tail fin (caudal fin I believe) was not split like all my other fish, it seemed to be joined together, but because of his other top fin deformity I just assumed that it was another deformity. Recently I noticed something that looked like a small blister where the fin would normaly be split and a red streak around it. It has been a while now as i have been on holiday and now I know I need some advise. There is now a big round hole formed in the fin and there is alot of redness in the area. I will try and get a photo but he is a real wriggle bum and its hard to see it even when i follow him around as he moves so fast!

I really have no idea what to do, and to be honest I am really getting disillusioned with fish keeping after losing 2 fish and I just cant remember a time when I wasnt worried about one of the fish for one reason or another.

I have been trying melafix but to be honest its not doing anything, I just thought it was worth a try. I dont really want to use salt as my pearlie is sensitive to it but i prob could get away with salting to 0.1 or 0.2.

Thank you for reading this and any help you might have :)