She's Heeere

Thanks everybody for the nice comments! I'm really happy with her. Her eyes are much bigger than Skye's. They should make a handsome couple.

pumpkinPATCH, she came from the goldfishnet.com auction. That's also where I got Black Velvet and Skye from a couple of weeks ago. A new auction will be starting tonight.

Franky, Tommy ships his fish with Fed X overnight.

Beautiful! She is absolutly gorgeous. Can we be expecting any pretty telescope babies? Telescope babies you might want to send up to Canada? :wish:

Ohhh she's even more perfect than I thought. Wow Kathy what a BEAUTY!!! I am so happy she made the trip well. She and Skye are going to look absolutely fantastic together.. I can't wait to see pictures of the tank when they are both in it. Actually, I think I might have a heart attack from excitement... : )

It's just so amazing to think that one day she's on the web in one part of the country, in someone else's possession and, overnight, there she is, the same fish, belonging to someone else! It's just sooo cool! And what a beauty she is! You are very lucky! And blessed!

I saw this exact fish when I was crusing the auction! Oooo, I wanted her so badly! I'm glad she found a good home with you, though.

If you don't mind me askin', how much was she?

If this is the fish I'm remembering, she was $100 plus $60 for shipping, right? I remember because I added up everything I had spent on my four goldies to that point and realized it was less than the cost of that one fish. (Don't worry, I've spent more since then. I'm a $173 total right now :D )

If this is the fish I'm remembering, she was $100 plus $60 for shipping, right? I remember because I added up everything I had spent on my four goldies to that point and realized it was less than the cost of that one fish. (Don't worry, I've spent more since then. I'm a $173 total right now :D )

It's amazing how sheep certain things are in the US. Here, you can't even get a decent sized tank (say 10 to 20 gal) for anything less than 100 euro (about $150), and that's without a good (external) filter :wacko: . You can get it cheaper when it's second-hand, but even then you'd still have to lay down something like 50 euro for a 10 or 15 gal tank at the cheapest.

If you don't mind me askin', how much was she?
I saw this exact fish when I was crusing the auction! Oooo, I wanted her so badly! I'm glad she found a good home with you, though.

Yep, that's the one. :exactly

I'm done now tho'. Existing tanks have no more room and I still have 14 fry that appear to be doing great,lol. So far I've only had to cull one.

Guest nimajneb
:Congrats: Kathy, nice choice. There were alot of nice fish in that auction but she was definitly one of the nicest. So lucky you lot in the states. I've never wanted to be a yankee but sometimes Europe sucks!

It's amazing how sheep certain things are in the US. Here, you can't even get a decent sized tank (say 10 to 20 gal) for anything less than 100 euro (about $150), and that's without a good (external) filter :wacko: . You can get it cheaper when it's second-hand, but even then you'd still have to lay down something like 50 euro for a 10 or 15 gal tank at the cheapest.

well, my goldfish have had to make do with a lot of hand-me-downs and homemade stuff, but that's okay. i survived it when i was a kid. i hardly ever had anything that was originally mine. (then I grew up and refused to keep taking my cousin's underwear. :P )

on the flip side, the value of the dollar is dropping rapidly and has been for some time. if you're looking to buy US made tanks, this should make them much, much cheaper in Europe. I'm afraid the effect is the opposite over here, though. :(