Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Omg I Have Baby Fish

I just tried to look at the eggs, and I was having a hard time seeing any. I bumped my forehead on the tank glass, and I saw this little dot go flying by. I thought a bug was in there!! Then I saw baby fish.

I was so excited I threw up.

I don't know what to feed them. They are free swimming. And they attach themselves to the tank wall and rest. Then they go darting around again. I don't know how many I have. They move to fast. But I saw 2 for sure.

OMG OMG OMG.

I am going to run over to the breeding board and start reading.

I thought these eggs were only 2 days old!! Obvously not.

And I didn't see them eating from a yolk sac this morning either!!!!

I pulled a plant out of the water this morning to look for the missing eggs. OMG I probably killed some fry..... :cry1

I have to go.....

*runs away screaming*

JEssica

OMG, Jessica you kill me!!!!!!!!!! I felt that way too the first time I saw fry....Where are they, first off. In the regular tank? Let me know more info and I'll help you out

Oh thank you so much!

No, I moved the eggs 2 days ago (see this was only supposed to be day 2, there are not supposed to be hatched yet!)

I moved the plants into a 10 gal, and the 10 gal is only half filled or so with water. It is soooo overcrowded with plants! I took all my plants out of the 44 gal and rammed them into a half filled 10 gal..... :thud

I don't have any baby fish food, I was planning on getting it tomorrow. Seeing as it's only "day 2" I was not expecting babies. Plus all my eggs were solid white.....so I thought they were probably unfertilized.

Oh dear!

I am a basket case.

Thank you so very much (((((Hugs)))))))

Jessica

:o That is SO cool!! And Tanya has eggs and a hatched fry too. This is such wonderful news! I would feel the same way.

I pictured you running all around your house, going every which way then stopping and starting up again in the opposite direction. :)

Congrats :panana this is so cool.........Im doing the PEE PEE Dance now :monkey

Wynkin you pictured me correctly LMAO!

I went on the breeding board, and I saw that Tanya's eggs hatched. And I was sooo excited. We both though our eggs were unfertilized, and they hatched on the same day.....how neat is that! LOL.

Ohhh happy day. I've can see 3 stuck on the tank wall, and one on the bottom of the tank. I don't know if the one on the bottom is alive though...it has not moved. I guess these eggs must have stayed in the main tank longer than I thought. No wonder there were only a few eggs left...

I hope that the fry live! I am scared that they are going to die! They are so very small. I wonder who the "dad" is? Ohhh I hope that it's Woogie.

Jessica

Thanks Koko!!

LOL I love the PEE PEE dance :rofl

I will try to take a picture of them, but I doubt that they will show up...they are soo tiny. BUT you will be able to see the tank that they are in, and tell me if it's ok for fry!

I have never done this before...ohhhhhh I am so excited LOL.

Jessica

mmg Jess your making me laugh. I can imagne you running around your house very excited. I was like that when my guppies had babies. :P Good Luck hope your babies make it

LOL Jessica and congrats!! What kind of filter do you have on the fry tank? I just want to make sure it cant suck them up or anything. Sponge filters are the best for fry tanks but you probably already knew that. :P

Sometimes the fry dont move much. Do you have any substrate on the bottom? At work when we have fry they always wedge themselves under rocks and things to hide.

There is a type of fry food called LiquiFry by Interpet. There are two, one for livebearers and one for egg layers. I think the egglayer one is #2. Youre in Canada, right? Im pretty sure you can get Interpet supplies there. Also, you can always crush up flake food to feed them, and theres a type of food by Hikari called First Bites thats basically powder food that you can get too. Good luck with your babies!! :D

Thank you Jsrtist!

I have a few glass beads on the bottom of the tank, and a sponge filter, thanks!

Here is a picture, you can't really see the fry though. BUt he is that light coloured little streak in the middle of the picture.....LOL

f9e0e0cb.jpg

Jessica

Cool Jess! The dad will be the Smug looking goldie...

Hi Jessica,

Congratulations on becoming a fish mom.

You shouldn't start to feed the fry until the are free swimming. If they are still stuck on the side of the tank, then they are not ready to eat. When they are swimming around in the tank all of the time, they will be ready. They don't have a functioning mouth for the first couple of days after hatching and the food will spoil in the water. Generally, it is about two days after hatching before they are ready to eat.

You can buy at Big Al's a liquid fry food for egg layers. Also, newly hatched brine shrimp is one of the best food, and they are easy to hatch, and they generally don't foul the water since they survive for several hours and by that time the fry have eaten them all.

Good luck, and with my first batch of goldfish eggs, they hatched two days before I thought they would, too :D

Wow thanks Touchofsky!!

So they are swimming around, but them re-attaching to the glass. I should wait until they don't stick on the glass anymore before I feed them?

Thanks a lot. I will be off to the fish store tomorrow for sure. Need to get some of that liquid food.

So what exactly is liquid food?

Thanks again

Jessica

Jess...you better start saving for Fish College... :blink:

congratulations jess!!! that's awesome! i've never had fry before, but i'm so excited for you! and for tanya!! rock on!! :rockon

LOL, when they get a little bigger, I will have to add pink stones, the glass beads on the bottom are baby blue. :lol:

I was not planning on babies heehee. (Although I really wanted some!) The 10 gal that is the nursery belongs to "Death Head" one of my bettas. I kicked him out as soon as I found the eggs (poor Death Head) and I had to put DH in a giant pickle jar (clean and empty of pickles of course :rofl ) He actually does not seem to mind. He blew a big bubble nest and has not flared at me yet....he flares at me when he's mad. I have been spoiling him with blood worms to make it up to him.

Oh and Richy, I think my fish will go to college on a scholarship :lol

Jessica

heh congras! how many fry are there? maybe one of them will grow into a nice big WHITE rykuin! think about it and while your thinking, bring the drool bucket. and whats the "pp" dance? :panana <----------looks like a happy banana rocking sideways

Thanks everyone.

Lovely Goldfish I am not sure how many fry yet. There were not many eggs, and they were all white, so I didn't really expect any fish! Nice surprise eh!

I saw 4 for sure. I thought that maybe the #4 was dead, because it was lying on the bottom, but it's gone now, so it must have swam off.

They move around really quickly and are soooo tiny! It's hard to tell how many.

Whitie is the mom, so I hope that one does grow into a Big whitie.

Although the dad could be an oranda, a lionhead, or a black moor.

The Oranda is blue, but is turning white. :druel I did a good job picking him out haahaa.

And if the black moor is the dad, maybe I will get a white telescope :druel

And if the lionhead is the dad....well that is going to be one funky looking fish.

Jessica

you do know colors is genetic and your babies might not be white, but who knows, they are gonna be cute either way. wouldnt you like all your fish to be white or do you admit its ok to have a "colored" fish or two for variety. also what is the "pp" dance? never heard of that :rofl