Anyone Ever Use "bacteria"?

Not familiar with that one. I've used Cycle and Stability, which I imagine is similar. I used these products during a fishless cycle and found they worked well, but only towards the end and in 2-3x dosage. Hope that helps! :)

We used some bacteria-in-a-bottle (don't recall the brand name) when we were cycling our large tank, and it did okay. At the very least it shouldn't do any harm and at the very best it would greatly speed up the cycling.

Guest Isilme

I had to change aquaria really fast and just put my gf in an uncycled tank with a new filter. There were no bacteria from the other tank introduced because I wanted to get rid of all the algae and such. I used this bottle with good bacteria in a double dose from the start (water was pretreated with dechlorinator and such) for 7 days. After two days of cycling, Quasi came over and tested the water, which was perfect. After that I bought my own testkits and tested the water every day and it was always perfect and it started cycling from the beginning. So no troubles there.

I really think these good bacteria in a bottle do speed up and help your cycle a lot and I can recommend them to everyone.

I personally have used Cycle, the stuff from API, and BioSpira. BioSpira worked best for me. Nitrites appeared very quick but still took forever for the Nitrites to stabalize. The first 2, didn't really notice that it worked.