Lynda, Are You, Your Family And Your Fish Okay?

Hi Lynda,

I just wanted to make sure you were okay and didn't suffer any damage after the earthquake. My tank dumped quite a bit of water, but thankfully no fish in there yet. I have a very scared kitty (and I have the scratches to prove it) and dog, but otherwise everyone is okay.

Just wanted to check in on you.

Amy

Oh hey Sweetie! Yeah, I've been busy chatting in the Chatter Box on this and totally forgot you couldn't get in yet! (200 posts!) Sorry! I was gonna send you a message too and then stopped for lunch! Yeah, I'm okay as are my fishies. After it became clear it wasn't just a little one, I started getting concerned and when my plants on their stands started tipping, I literally jumped up with my arms in two different directions trying to decide what to grab first but then my concerns were directed to my tanks and I look at them and the water is sloshing back and forth and the fish were swaying.... it was a good one! So, your tank actually dumped water?! Wow! You ARE closer to Diamond Bar. Not very far away at all! And then it probably didn't help that you're up in the sky!

Edited by lynda441

Hi Amy,

I'm glad to hear you made it through. I live in San Bernardino. Since I was outside I didn't see Elvis' tank, but he seems fine and there is no water on the floor. (tho it is a 12g with only 10g in it. Maybe that helped.

Well gotta run. Take care of yourself. I've been following your posts too. :)

I'm just headed out to an event (my husband and I have a pet portrait event and are doing a big event downtown). I keep my tank filled up to the brim so I'm not surprised some sloshed. I had a dog in one hand, the cat in the other, got them to the bathroom and then started scooping water out of the tank all in a panic. Wow. That was my first one and it was scary!

I'm glad you and Roni and all the fishies are okay.

I'm just headed out to an event (my husband and I have a pet portrait event and are doing a big event downtown). I keep my tank filled up to the brim so I'm not surprised some sloshed. I had a dog in one hand, the cat in the other, got them to the bathroom and then started scooping water out of the tank all in a panic. Wow. That was my first one and it was scary!

I'm glad you and Roni and all the fishies are okay.

OOh! Yeah, I read about that and wanted to come. You just may see me! :D

I was ready too early, so I'm checking email again. If you do, come by and say hi! There are only a few tables and our business name is Pawsterpieces. I'm pretty sure we are the only pet portrait business, too. It should be a really fun event.

I was wondering... it said it started at 6:00 p.m. and I know you need to go early to set up your table/booth, but 3 hours?! lol! Yeah, I'll look for you!

I know. I had to pick up our portraits from the local pet store ###### and Pooch and that took only 15 minutes. I'm surprised because I'm usually always late, never early. Oh, well.