Oh... Hi!

thoughtsofjoy

I have such a lovely habit of totally disappearing for weeks at a time. I blame you guys. I can't "just" come on for a few posts and a quick skim-- it's ALL OR NOTHING baby! So for the last few weeks I was trying to focus on school, but I kicked that habit and now I have a month of freedom-- before it's back to school again. Blech.

In fish news:

--Brought the fish in from the deck pond into the 50gal. They all seem happy-- perhaps too happy? Roman was chasing after Roxanne again. :wall:krazy:

--Fry are happy and growing.

--Betta's tank is now heavily planted with java moss, amazon sword, and anubias nana.

--On Friday we hopped in the car :gcar: (you have no idea how long I've been waiting for an appropriate time to use that emoto...) and drove 7 hours to Portland. The Northwest Koi & Goldfish club 2008 show was LOVELY!!! See my posts in the Koi & GF show section for details. Unfortunately we could only afford to stay for Saturday morning's portion of the show, and drove up to Seattle that evening.

In other news:

--I finished all my summer classes! And I got all As! This means I have also finished my Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology!

--Thomas and I have taken up salsa/Latin club dancing and we are horrible at it. :D

--Since I'm now staying at my parents' house, I GOT TO SEE MY DOG!!! I was very sad because it seemed like Jack didn't know me... hopefully he'll remember whose dog he is by the end of my vacation! :P

--Thomas and I are off to Mexico on Wednesday for a week! (So I'm disappearing again, haha.)

--But I'll be back by the 7th and have a lot of free time on my hands, so expect me back fulltime around then.

Much love to all.

Well that explains it all. I keep thinking "where's JOY?!?!?!". Hope you guys have a great time next week! Excellent job on your A's in all your classes!!! (Guess focusing on the school work for a little while paid off huh?). Glad to see you on here.. we MISS YOU!

I miss you and love you all! I hate missing out on all the fish news... but alas, it's trading one obsession for another at this point. After gaging how much time I was spending on internetz, I had to stop for a while to make sure I was giving enough time to my actual fish (and not just the "virtual" fish I have stolen from everyone) and to school.

I was reading Fancy Goldfish (by Johnson and Hess) in the car on the way up from Portland and I learned a LOT-- after having read only a 1/3 of the book. As I was reading, I kept thinking to myself, "I want to get on Koko's!!"... just because I wanted to share. :rofl

Please tell me how you are and how your fish are in this thread-- easiest to keep it straight!

Well SINCE you asked hehe.. I am great and my fish are great!!! I have FIVE fish now!!! Angel my black moor had flukes and you & Trinket helped me with her and she is better and perfect and completed a full month QT. Then I got two orandas (you might have been around then??) and named them Miranda & Samantha. Wait you were around because you said you liked the show.. Miranda had anchor worm, and Trinket showed me how to remove it!!! And she got better. THEN Samantha started to get popeye and she started bottom sitting, and everyone helped me nurse her back to health with MetroMeds!! Then they BOTH completed a 30 day QT period!! That's THREE fish koko's has helped me save!! I am a full blown koko's addict now and I don't ever wanna quit!! LOL

Then I got two new orandas about 2 weeks ago at this point. Doesn't feel like it was that long ago but they are already on Day 10 of salt/prazi.. So far so good, I have seen a bit of fin/tail fraying, but I think it's still stress from the new tank, water changes. I am hoping once the salt is lowered, the cycle will even out and the fish can relax a tad more! I named them Charlotte & Carrie at first but then I am pretty sure Charlotte turned out to be a male. The names didn't feel right so I changed them (within a day) to Kahlua & Malibu!! Kahlua is a big fat chocolate oranda!!! JUST the fish I have been looking for. I am feeling more confident so I tried with larger, more expensive fish. Just $27, but that's more than the $5 I am used to spending.. They are chubby and big and SOOOO CUTE! Malibu is a sweety. She likes to nibble on fingers and eat from my hand..

I've missed you around the board missy!!! You are one of the first people on here that I feel like I "connected" with!!! I even made a sweaty pink elephant mutant joke in a thread JUST FOR YOU but you didn't get to see it cuz you were MIA! Glad to see you around, even if just for a short while. Sounds like you are BUSY but it paid off.. I just ordered that book BTW.. I can't wait to get it.. Glad to hear that you & Thomas are doing well!! : ) Sounds like life is good right now for your guys! And the fishies of course!!! Congrats on completing your degree!! Can you just be my therapist? LOL

Squeee!!! Congrats for completing your degree :alc You say you're going back to study, what are you going back to study for?

I hope you have the bestest break ever! Full of sleeping, eating, sleeping.. eating.. and maybe some sunbathing seeing as its summer over there :P

How did you get your man to start dancing classes? My fella thinks he's too manly and won't join any kind of dance class with me :( Maybe i'll take my friends offer up and start pole dancing instead (for real! My friends sister opened her own dance studio that is all pole baby! It's about making women feel good and sexy and getting fit at the same time, not about stripping n stuff..)

I forgot to say congrats to you as well Joy, way to finish that degree!! :D

I got a new fishy while you were away, a plain little orange ranchu (or maybe lionhead??) named Penny. I'm sure everyone will be seeing lots of her soon enough, I feel a photo shoot coming on ;)

My school is pretty crazy too, I know what you mean about the Internet. I realized the other day that my bf and I get home and just plop down in front of the computer like zombies, sometimes it's good to take a break.

So dancing hey? Jim and I have been dying to try that. I think you need to post a few pics ;)

Well SINCE you asked hehe.. I am great and my fish are great!!!

I was up on your fish until Samantha's popeye--- I'm relieved to hear she's okay! This website is amazing. I said to someone at the Portland show that the nicest people you'll ever meet are fish people. Kahlua and Malibu are GREAT names! Now you just need to get them into a bar-themed tank, haha. Any pics I can go find??

I miss you, too! I'll be around after the 6th until at least the end of August before school starts again. And you are going to LOVE that book. There is a lot of stuff in it that I knew but didn't really know the reason behind why... it really cleared up what the kH buffer is and clarified pH for me. And I haven't even read the section about disease yet!

Thanks hun, and yes I will be your therapist, you silly sweaty pink elephant mutant.

Thanks!! I'm going back in the fall to finish up my second degree, this one in Spanish. I'll hopefully be done with that one in May.

I've already done a lot of sleeping... and eating. :rofl There isn't a lot of sun in Seattle, but I'll be doing a lot of sunbathing down in Mexico! I burn better than I tan though... hmm. Might be a bit of a lobster upon my return to the States.

How did I get Thomas to come dancing with me? Pretty simple actually. My girlfriend Melissa was taking me out my first time and I was all dressed up (gotta have a dress on to dance the salsa properly). When he came home from work I said to him, "I am going dancing. If you're not coming, then I'm dancing with all the hot guys in the club." He got dressed and came out. :D

There's a pole in the bar where we go to dance (Thursdays are Latin nights!) I am WAY too chicken to ever try it!

Thanks Chrissy! I saw your new little baby in your sig-- she's a cutie. Make sure you feed her a lot; she looks a bit thin! (Love them fat ranchus :P ).

Thomas and I do that, too. Sometimes I realize we're just being lazy computer potatoes and make us do something together. Dancing is a nice way to take a break. We've been downloading the podcasts at www.addicted2salsa.com and practicing in the kitchen. Then we go out with our friends on Thursdays and (try to) strut our stuff! I don't think we have any pictures but I'll try to get some next time we go.

I saw your post about the puffer... is his name Satan or Steven? :P

Have a great time Joy!!!!! : ) See you when you get back!!! (I'll tell you where the pics are when you get back!) And hopefully have gotten the book buy then too! Have a safe trip!!!