Identical Fish?

Guest dollface

Guest dollface

I want to get my Black Moor, Zeebo a tankmate. I got an oranda but they didn't get along well so I gave it to my Aunt who recently set up her tank... So I got lucky. Since the oranda didn't work out I figured I would have better luck getting another black moor since they are very calm fish. But I was wondering if I get another black moor... would i be able to tell the two apart??? This may seem like a silly question but I gotta know before I buy one. of course one may be larger than the other at first but they'll eventually grow and become practically the same size I'm sure... How would I be able to tell two black moores apart?

What do you think?

Trust me, you'll know straight away which one' which.

You watch them, feed them, interact with them, maybe even talk to them everyday, there's no way you're not gonna tell them apart :)

I have four black moors and can tell them all apart quite nicely. Of course, it took me four months to accomplish that, but you'll have a head start on me. I actually purchased mine to look as similar as possible. :D I have no doubt that your fish's personalities alone will be enough for you to tell them apart, let alone the physical differences that you're sure to find if they were from different wholesalers.

i'm positive you can tell the difference just as you can with twins!

you could put my black moor in a tank with 10 other black moors and i am positive i could still recognize which one is mine.

even though theyre the same type of fish, they all have differences in personality, fin length, body shape, eye angle/size, etc.

I have 5 orange comets and I can tell the difference between them. When the 2 smallest ones were less than 1 inch I was sometimes wrong. Now both are 2 inch and it is easy to see the difference. There are always some small differences even with black moors, so you can see who is who :painting:

Edited by Quasi

Guest Mydoona

I brought two little black identical fish and couldn't tell them apart till one turned orange,then white...and the other developed silver stripes on his body, so now he is black with silver stripes...it was weird.