Gotta New Crib For The Goldies!

Smilingfish

Craigslist is a beautiful thing. :heart

Bought a very nice used 55 gallon tank 2 weeks for $50. I wanted a nice stand to go beneath it (wrought iron) so when we found one last night I knew the goldies would be swimming in their new tank today. The Eheim 2236 filter was used with their previous home there was no need to cycle. Just add the water from their tank fill it to the top with conditioned water

55 gallon 4 goldies include a calico fantail & orange oranda both about 5 inches including tail, a 3" lionhead, and an amazing red cap oranda only about 2" who was born without a tail....seriously.

The best part is that Gemini, my calico fantail, finally got of QT after 2 months. Now my fishlets get to hang out together, well except for my 2 comets that call our 125 gallon "home". I still have a bit of redecorating to do by adding 2 more bubble lines as well as upgrade to a more powerful air pump, but overall I am quite pleased.

IMG00091.jpg

Great find!!! It looks so nice and clear. Would never have guessed it was a used tank in a million years!!! I love your orange oranda! : )

Thanks! That's Fiona. She's my kamakazi girl with the GI issues. Been feeding her gel food exclusively and she is doing great.

Wow, you're goldfish have s-p-a-c-e in their tanks. :) "Fishlets" in a 55 gallon, that's great. Craigslist is good, isn't it? I am always afraid to look, because I will be tempted to add to my tank collection.

It might seem like they have a lot of space but just wait in about 6 months they well be bumping into each other. lol

Great looking tank.