New Fish.

WELL.

not but 5 days ago i vowed not to get anymore goldfish.

and i didn't.

i really didn't.

i swear.

as some of you may know, i've been a bit down since Chutney's death.

and aparently my father noticed...

so low-and-behold, on his way back from work today he went to the petstore and picked me up a 'new chutney'.

i was a bit aprehensive at first, but the moment i caught sight of my new aquatic friend my heart melted.

and it's not like i could take him back to that awfull petstore...right?

so, with momentary reluctance, i put the tiny blighter in the 10 gallon QT. (he really is quite tiny, barely an inch long!)

i've dubbed him Lawrence---- since he's totally white and he reminds me of a knight in shining armor when he shimimes his little tush around the tank....

and BOY does he shimmie, he hasn't stopped swimming around since i've let him out of his bag.

>>he's a bit on the scrawny side- should i start him up on metromeds to fatten him up?

well, in my infinate bordum....i took some footage of him- he's too small for decent photographs.

introducing Lawrence:

:heart

Your Dad did good he is a cute fish. Looks like an oranda too.

haha. thanks.

really?

i guess i'll just have to see what he grows up to be :D

yea, i was a little suprised (incredably relieved) that my father did such a good job at picking out a fish.

when he told me he got me a new goldfish i was automatically convinced that:

A. it probibly wasn't going to even be a goldfish

or

B. it would be covered in ick.

but little Lawrence (is a goldfish) and seems to be in perfect health :rolleyes:

He is so cute! :heart Congrats!

Very cute! Congratulations!

BTW, Metromeds should not be used to fatten up a fish or preventatively. MM is an antibiotic food that should be reserved for when there are definitive signs of illness. I am sure he will fatten up in no time with your TLC.

He's so cute, your dad did a great job :)

I agree about the metromeds. I have a new fish who's on the scrawny side as well and I'm banking on quality goldfish food and a nice clean tank to do the job.

AWWWW!!!! I LOVE white goldies! He's a beauty! And your dad is the best ever! What a sweetie! As far as feeding, this is something I just read on Goldfish Connection about Medi-Gold (not Metro-Med),

"Please remember, you are not feeding MEDI-GOLD for growth, you are only feeding it when your fish are sick and need an antibiotic, then for at least 10 to 14 days.

MEDI-GOLD should NOT be fed as a daily food nor as a preventive. Feeding MEDI-GOLD daily or as a preventive will make it ineffective when your fish are sick and really need an Antibiotic food. MEDI-GOLD is to be fed to SICK or STRESSED fish ONLY , and then for at least 14 to 30 days.

MEDI-GOLD is a good food to feed to your NEW fish for 10 to14 days after you receive them. It will help them fight off any Bacterial attack they might suffer from being stressed from shipping."

So, between this advice and any other Mods on here, I'll leave this feeding decision up to you. I'm going to assume that you already have your darling Lawrence in salt and prazi. :newfish YAY!!! :Congrats:

MEDI-GOLD is a good food to feed to your NEW fish for 10 to14 days after you receive them. It will help them fight off any Bacterial attack they might suffer from being stressed from shipping."

I remember reading that too and when I got my first fish that I QTed properly I was confused as to whether or not I should start with Medi-Gold..I asked Trinket and she did say that it is a matter of preference, but she prefers to not to treat unless symptoms show up. I decided to follow her suggestions. But I do believe it's your call Callie. Either way, cute little fish and again, congrats : )

Oh Callie I'm sorry to hear about Chutney. I haven't been around for awhile. :(

Lawrence is a beautiful fish. He sorta looks like Roxanne and Roman mixed together-- a white fantail! :P May the Fairy of Lemonheads bless Larry's little head that he may grow a big beautiful yellow wen and be an oranda instead!

May the Fairy of Lemonheads bless Larry's little head that he may grow a big beautiful yellow wen and be an oranda instead!

That's :exactly what crossed my mind!

thanks you guys :D

he really does seem to be fattening up quite nicely (with all the fresh veggies and protein based foods he's been feasting on)

Lawrence is a beautiful fish. He sorta looks like Roxanne and Roman mixed together-- a white fantail! :P May the Fairy of Lemonheads bless Larry's little head that he may grow a big beautiful yellow wen and be an oranda instead!

it's good to hear from you again Joy :D

andd

OMGOODNESS.

i was studying Laurence earlier today and.....it looks like he has a little blip of a creamy lemon wen :o:heart

THE FAIRY OF LEMONHEADS STRIKES AGAIN!

(not that i'm an ounce dissapointed...this little guy reminds me of my late chutney even more with each passing day :heart