Hello

balashark

It feels like I haven't been on here in forever. I joined another forum (not fish related) but it hasn't been nearly as fun. Its been a rough couple months for me as far as pets go.

The one goldfish I had passed away, and now I have none. Noelle, our girl ferret, passed away from complicated adrenal disease a couple months after her surgery to remove her adrenal gland. Otis, our boy ferret, passed away a short time later. Our vet thought his massive weightloss was because he didn't like his food. Force feeding him wasn't working and it was just stressing him out. She argued with us about not giving up on him even though it was clear that he was ready to give up himself, he was half his weight, obviously in pain, too weak to stand, and force feeding him was just stressing him out. NOT COOL!! It's a tough enough decision to make anyway, without a vet trying to tell you you're making a mistake. Right before he died the vet decided to do a scan and found he had cancer, so we lost him, and now we don't have a vet either... We woke up one morning and cheesecake, our oldest male guineapig was asleep on his side, and he was gone. Then we lost our new betta, stopped swimming one day, and the next day he was floating.

We still have two guineapigs, two parakeets, and I think my 72 gallon is still the same from last time I was on here (no additions or subtractions) - 1 parrot fish, two balasharks, and a pictus catfish - just everyone is MUCH bigger.

What else? We're in the process of looking for our first house, which is exciting. Other than that everything else is pretty much the same here. I'm sure I have some catching up to do on Kokos though, eh? Time to start reading... :-)

Welcome back :)

That is rough about your pets, I'm so sorry to hear you lost so many so close together, that can't be easy :(

Any plans on replacing the goldfish? Or possibly showing us your 72 gallon???

Hey there - I was wondering where you had gotten to. Welcome back!

We have a new brackish section which you'll be a great help on.

So sorry about all your pets. Sometimes things all go wrong together - not fun.

Hey Justin!! Long time no see! I am glad you found your way back here.

However, very sad about all your pet losses - and one very insensitive vet, it seems like. Glad you dumped him. I hope all your other pets are continue to do fine. :thumbs:

I wonder if your male ferret was grieving about his girlfriend's loss. Aren't the ferrets attached to their mates for life? :unsure:

Thanks for all the kind words. I think I'm gonna try and spend more time around here, I had forgotten how much I missed y'all :-)

Ranchugirl, you're definitely right about ferrets, and you may be on to something with my lil guy. They were incredibly close, Noelle didn't even like it when Odie would play with other ferrets. He did have a whole host of medical problems from the time we brought him home from the rescue, so maybe when she went, he just stopped fighting. :-(

No new goldfish, or any other pets for the time being.