Goldfish Auction How-to?

Knowing the Goldfish Connection auction was today, I checked in first thing, and no auction. Then I checked again at 11:40 (Eastern time,) and it said that the auction was today, but there were no fish left.

Not that I needed a fish today, but for future reference, is there a specific time for the auction, so I can be sure to "attend" next time?

The frog has left the 40-gallon for greener waters, and it is in fact, now empty. :(

The auction stays up for several days. Rick sometimes has it up later in the day. Also, for any curious folk who aren't on Rick's mailing list, this is what he has to say about this week's auction:

"New Goldfish Auction starts Sunday July 27th with over

fifty beautiful goldfish to choose from!! How about a BIG 7 inch

Show Quality Blue Oranda!! Or a Ryukin with a large flowing

broadtail that's over 8 inches long!! Looking for a Goldfish

for your collection with lots of color, Ken's 7 inch

Red,Black and White Ryukin is the goldfish for you!! Plus,

there are many other outstanding goldfish for you to choose

from.

Have Fun!!

Thanks for your time,

Rick"

eeek! arrgh! :krazy: Doesn't Rick know how tortuous this is for goldfish addicts to have to sit and wait for the auction to open!? lol! I feel like the women in the Mervyn's commercial standing there in front of the store's locked doors saying, "open, open, open..." :tomuch:

well, it must be 8:00 p.m. as 8:00 a.m. has already passed.

Yup! It's open! And I'm drooooooling.... :druel

I'm, like, I like that one... no, I like that one... OH! look at that one! ..... cruelty just plain cruelty! lol! :rofl3

Edited by lynda441

Of course, there are some AWESOME goldfish in this auction! The prices are just too much for me! If I got one and something went wrong with it I would have to do mouth to mouth to revive it!!! :krazy:

AHH! I got on late and now so many of them are already purchased. I am wondering what perfect fish were on there that have been bought already! Is there any way to see the ones that are already sold?

I love the blue lionhead...Lot #58 What a cute little face!!! I just wanna PINCH THOSE CHEEKS! LOL That one is my favorite this time around. I also love the blue ranchu (61), the bronze ranchu (62) and the tricolor ranchu (13). Lot 14 is nice too but I like 13 much better.. Oh no.. I am starting with ranchus now!!! HELP ME SOMEONE HELP ME!!!

Thank goodness. Although the fish are GORGEOUS, there aren't any odd colored telescopes, or panda oranda which I am in love with. That makes things sooo much easier for me LOL.. Whew!!! I do NOT need any temptations!!

I agree that Ken should set it up so that we can see the fish that have already sold!

I agree with Sue that the blue lionhead is very, very cute. Too bad that I don't have a spare $400+ lying around...

I think we've swamped the site! lol! I was in fine and looking, and now, it won't respond! lol! :tomuch:

There was one on the DVD that I think was sold outright last auction. I never saw it go by. There is one more I really liked from this auction, but it was bid up beyond the "buy now" price already..... and I HATE bidding.

Bah.

I know Ken would like to adjust the program to allow the "sold" fish to still be seen, but he does not have that option at this time. So sad. I would really like to know when I have already missed the ones I am waiting for.

Have I said recently just how much I dislike auctions?

Bah.

Oh, well.

I will continue dreaming. I really do not have the money right now, anyway.

The first 55 or 58 or some such number of tanks FULL of fish are all fish that are NOT in the auction. Except for a few "cherries", (super high prices fish, usually), all the fish seen in the auction have ones similar to them available by just calling Ken and asking.

You will enjoy the DVD. IT is well done. You will also get to know Ken a bit better - his commentary is always great for a smile.

:)

Joy, emptywallet has already diagnosed me as having "fish obsession", so I think it's already too late for me. :lol1 But I have a suspicion you might already have it as well. A_Penguin, too. Must be contagious. I don't think it's particularly dangerous or fattening, but I agree, it sure does look like it could get expensive!

I was lucky enough to get a blue ranchu from Ken 6 months ago. I didn't buy it now and feel like I got a decent deal on it. For those that are considering buying from him, he is the best hands down. Now I better go order thr DVD.....

I agree with Sue that the blue lionhead is very, very cute. Too bad that I don't have a spare $400+ lying around...

Okay so what we have to do is become roomates, split the cost, and share him.. LOL Do you want to move into our house or should i come to you??? LOL

Nomi thanx!!! That worked!!!! It's bad though because now I am going back and staring at the lavendar cream moore from last time... HELP! LOL

Listening to you all, I'm starting to worry. :unsure: Techniques such as what Chrissy_Bee suggested, not keeping a QT tank, do not appear to help. Is there a "Carassius auratus Anonymous" where we can seek help? Do we want help? :help:

Nawwwwww... :r030: We want fish!

Well why dont I just build a Wharehouse set up lots of tanks and we can all put our Dandy fish in them :rofl

That would be cool :)

Careful darlin'.... you might just get some takers!!! :rofl3