Ranchu's

Guest Bbop

Depends on the quality & size.

Ranges from very cheap for tiny reject runts to several hundred, even thousands of dollars for show champions.

However, ranchus are affordable & frequently available in most dedicated fish stores.

• Admin

That would depend on:

1. your area

2. How big

3. What color

Then there is were you get them from, if its local or online. In my area they arent that much but a year ago I would have to pay $30 for a 3" ranchu. So it depends on what your looking for :D

like d golem stated ranchus can range from a couple of dollars to thousands of dollars for top quality fish. The average for a good ranchu however is about 150.00. that is for on line fish from dandy orandas or goldfishnet.com

Like everyone said...it really depends which area..if its available easily...the size, quality and color...

Where I live ranchus and lionheads are not a common find...I was lucky enough to get a chocolate lionhead at a mom and pop fish store for less than 10$..but the guy is really 1-1 1/2 inch...so it really depends...usually if you happen to find it locally should not cost you more than 20$ for a 1-3 inch fish...

I really want to get a ranchu and a black moor.

This probably won't happen for a very long time..

I want to introduce my ryukin to my oranda first (hopefully they get along) and have them live in my 20g. Once they start outgrowing that then maybe I can buy a really big tank to put them in (freeing up the 20g).

I currently have a 10g qt tank and a 20g main.

:)

Bbop