2 New Fish :)

Until now, I'm more of a ranchu lover and fancy varieties in general. However, lately I've been enlightened to the pure beauty of the "more elongated" varieties, such as the humble common, comet & shubunkin, especially when they reach the impressive sizes that few fancies ever thought of obtaining.

So during my most recent visit to the LFS, I spent a substantial time goggling at the pond goldfish section, and in the end I came home with a couple that caught my eyes.

The first one is a 3-inch long Shubie with what the Chinese call Tiger-skin calico pattern. I chose this because I've rarely seen a common-shaped fish with such pattern and the very evenly balanced colour distribution & attractive metallic/nacreous scalation. I hope that the orange will become vivid & the black deepens, making it more contrasting. I look forward very much to this fish's development.

tiger-right.jpg

tiger-left.jpg

tiger-front.jpg

tiger-close-up.jpg

The next one is another Shubie, this time 4-inch long. What interest me about this fish is the unique uniform blue pigmentation throughout the body. Many people would say this is inferior to the usual multi-coloured shubie counterpart, however I'm certain once this fish reaches a good size, it will become an imposing presence.

bluey-right.jpg

bluey-left.jpg

bluey-front.jpg

bluey-close-up.jpg

Finally, I took some pics of some of my long-time goldie residents for your enjoyment :D

One of my favourites, my short-tailed calico ryu

ryukin-front.jpg

ryukin-right.jpg

My red/white ranchu singing an opera :D

red-white-ranchu-close-up.jpg

My thai ranchu wants me to pinch his cheeks :)

ranchu-close-up.jpg

My, what big nose hairs you got there.....

pom-pom-flare.jpg

A blue shubie is considered rather rare and a great find! Lucky you! And, will you PLEASE teach me how to take pictures!? lol! Fabulous shots!

I sure wish I could find a calico common. I have no trouble finding calico comets or "shubies", but have never seen a calico common around here. You definately will enjoy watching your new fish grow and develop. I certainly have enjoyed watching mine over the last 5 years.

Guest Sly C. Pea
Finally, I took some pics of some of my long-time goldie residents for your enjoyment :D

One of my favourites, my short-tailed calico ryu

ryukin-front.jpg

I really like this picture.

One prime specimen, and what great color pattern! Btw, if one wants to know how breeding stars on the pectoral fins look like, this one is a super example. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...