I Get The Feeling I'm Being Watched... :d

drkslvr

My goldfish have gotten into the cutest habit recently. I always get up at about the same time, 7:00, and one of the first things I'll do is feed my goldfish, who are in my room on a sturdy cabnet not far from my bed. Well, the fish have this all figured out, and so every morning when I wake up, the goldies are all on the side of the tank by my bed and are watching me, waiting for me to get up. I know, I know. The goldfish aren't really so interested in me, but in me feeding them. Still, it makes me feel pretty cool to know that there's someone there waiting for me to get up in the morning, even if it is just my hungry goldfish. In fact, today was a late morning. I wasn't working or anything, so I stayed in bed an extra 45 minutes or so. I was wondering if they would still be there watching and waiting, but sure enough, they were. They were watching me with bated, uh, breath, just waiting for me to feed them, not taking an eye off me for a moment I'm sure. It really is an neat little habit they've gotten into. I'm going to miss having them in my bedroom once school starts. Oh well.

Does anyone else on here find themselves being watched by their goldfish? Honestly, I think they watch me more than I watch them! Talk about having the privacy of a goldfish.... :D

My aquarium is right next to my couch in the livingroom. I have my lights set to come on at 5:30 p.m. every night and I have my fish trained that that's when I feed them. Sometimes though, I space out if I'm watching tv or something and don't really let my brain "connect" that the lights came on and it's time to feed the fish, but then, I'll feel EYES burning a hole in me and turn to see my fishies all grouped in the corner of the tank, nearest where I sit on the couch, staring at me.... That isn't where they're fed, but they do know that's where they'll find me... yeah, 3 second memory my lilly whi..... yeah...

The left front corner of my tank is right next to my computer chair so every time anytone gets on the computer they all hang out in that corner and stare at whoever's sitting there....they're staring at me right now....

there have been a few times where i've gotten up later than normal and my 55g tank has had several anxious fish watching me with fins on hips tapping impatient little tails for their breakfast. i'm waiting for them to actually knock on the glass one of these mornings and tell me "LOOK LADY. we're HUNGRY and YOU got up late! Snap to it!"

Guest Isilme

I have the same thing with my gf in my bedroom. They wait and watch when they see me waking up, wiggling and begging. It's really funny and cute :)

This morning I awoke rather early (6 AM, on a Sunday :krazy: ) and couldn't get back to sleep. When I passed our small tank, Benja and Junior were happily scraping the algae from the back of the tank, and didn't even notice me passing by several times. I guess they weren't expecting me and were a bit preoccupied at the time :feedme .

Haha I had my tank just beside my bed... everytime I woke up, all three of my fish would sit with their heads against each other watching me sleep... they can be so cute... it happened every morning. I'm gonna miss that part...

I have my goldie tanks set up at one end of my living room, opposite from my couches. Even then, almost anytime I sit on the couch, I can see my guys clustered at the end of the tank closest to where I am sitting.

When Thomas came home from work the other night, I was talking to him as we passed by the fish tank. We stopped near it and he just looked past me, stared, and started laughing. I turned around, and there were all four of the goldfish, grouped together, staring at us.

When I had a tank in my room staring wasn't an issue. We used to wake up quite a bit to them spawning. Not sure why but one of my ranchus spawned like every 2 weeks. Out in the living room if you get near the tank they all come wiggling over. Kinda funny to watch. The computer is by the tank and if I haven't fed them they sit in the corner closest to the computer and stare at me. And people wonder why some of us love goldfish......