Just My Luck

Guest nimajneb

Guest nimajneb

Perusing the web randomly I'm looking at the website for the Goldfish Society of Great Britain(est 1948 doesn't one know) and I see the following date in their diary

Saturday 27th September 2008 GSGB Open Show and Auction Sale @ St. Paul?s Church Hall, Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, Essex, Woodford Bridge, IG8 8BT. The Largest Goldfish Show in the UK and, with 59 different classes for Goldfish varieties, the most comprehensive competitive Goldfish Show in the World!

Amazingly thats about 2 miles from home for me and what with my new found passion I would have loved to have gone. Just my luck I'll be 6,000 miles away in Singapore at exactly that time.....aaaarrrrrggghhhhhhhh. For a split second I thought about switching holiday dates.

Guest nimajneb

I'd have to call the Formula 1 authorities and see if they could switch the Grand Prix(which is on the 27th as well!) for me because I already have my tickets for that, then let down my mate who's coming. Sort out changing my holiday dates from work, tell my brother and his family I'm not coming over so he can switch his holiday dates while I visit them. But you know, some things are worth putting the work into. I'm sure all of those people could accomodate my hobby!

I looked this up in the dictionary:

i-ron-ic (Ir-UH-nik) NOUN:

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. Example: living 2 miles away from the largest goldfish show in England but being 6,000 miles away in Singapore at the exact time of the occurrence.

SERIOUSLY! It said that! It really did! :tomuch:

I'd have to call the Formula 1 authorities and see if they could switch the Grand Prix(which is on the 27th as well!) for me because I already have my tickets for that, then let down my mate who's coming. Sort out changing my holiday dates from work, tell my brother and his family I'm not coming over so he can switch his holiday dates while I visit them. But you know, some things are worth putting the work into. I'm sure all of those people could accomodate my hobby!

OOOOOOh...tht seems like a lot of work..so many ppl involved.. :) ..maybe just carry on with the holiday plan??...its just me though...

I looked this up in the dictionary:

i-ron-ic (Ir-UH-nik) NOUN:

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. Example: living 2 miles away from the largest goldfish show in England but being 6,000 miles away in Singapore at the exact time of the occurrence.

SERIOUSLY! It said that! It really did! :tomuch:

LOL...oh my god...thts so funny.. :D

Well, what's there to think about? Of COURSE you inconvenience everyone and screw up their holidays to ensure that you can go drool at some gorgeous fish - I mean, is there any other option?

I plan to go and will probably find myself back at home with about 25 fish I have nowhere to put. I can't find decent goldies anywhere in London at the moment, so this will be a real test of self-control............

Guest nimajneb

I know it's sad, but AA routeplanned it - 1.8 miles. 1.8 miles from heaven. Oh well guess it will have to wait till next year so I'll settle for 6,000 miles away in Paradise instead.

Pixie you will have to get some photos so I can see what I missed.

Just my luck I'll be 6,000 miles away in Singapore

can i just say that if you play your cards right, i bet that you will see way more fish on your trip. in all different ranges of quality and types, just going from one lfs to the next. it would be great. i would rather take the trip, hey, if you really dont wanna go and cant get everyone to change things for you....you can always kick down the tics to me lol. hope you have fun on your trip

check out this link and they may have some shops close to where you are going since it sounds like there are so many out there in a small area. i know in a couple treads on there it talks about each shop, types and quality. majority of the members are from there and its their hunting ground and hotspot sub forum. hopefully you can swing some visits so you can bring back pics to share. this is actually a really cool site just to check out:

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showforum=40

Guest nimajneb

Thanks EmptyWallet. I go most years but hadn't 'discovered' my passion last time so I'll try and have a look around. Bet there's some real beauties over there - no doubt there will be the same confuson on sexing as there always will be. Is it a girl? Is it a boy? No it's a trannie.