Is It Possible?

Guest Sheydence

Guest Sheydence

I have, or had two small goldfish, one black moor and one fantail, both only about 1 inch long max. I also had a weather loach in the tank with them. This morning I woke up to find only the gfs in the tank. I searched all around the tank, since I know weather loaches like to jump and the top was slightly open. (about 1 cm) I couldn't find him, but was a little doubtful, since it would take some maneuvering to get out of the opening. We moved all the little houses and plants, thinking he may have buried himself, or was hiding, but he was no where to be found. So I was just wondering if its possible that my two Tiny goldfish ate him last night while we were sleeping?

Edited by Sheydence

Guest nimajneb

Hi Sheydence

There is absolutely no way your goldfish would have eaten your loach... If you still have the gravel bottom and haven't changed to sand as I know you were thinking about then the most likely answer is he has jumped out somewhere. They don't do it alot but they do do it as I said before. Told you didn't I!!!? lol.

They can go for hours out of the water and will wriggle across the carpet for some way, I found mine behind the cabinet where the tank was, underneath the furniture covered in the dust and muck that the hoover didnt(ahem) get to. Rinsed him off in the sink with the plug in so he didn't get down the pipes and popped him back in the tank. So search high and low because I suspect he's on the floor somewhere. A small gap is hard to get through but if he wants to he will! I would possibly check your water readings if possible to make sure they are ok as I would wonder if there was a reason he was trying to get out or if he was just being adventurous. Are the GF showing any unusual signs?

If you have the gravel bottom still I don't believe he would have buried himself in there as I don't think they can get under the heavy gravel particles as they would the finer particle sand, but, search about the tank again just to make sure.

Let us know what happens - if you find him and you haven't named him yet can I suggest Houdini as a good name?!

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

I don't think it's possible, especially because your goldies are so small. I'm thinking they burried themself and but look on the floor to see if you find any fishies. :/

Guest Sheydence

We did eventually find him, about 10 minutes after I posted. He was under the couch beside our fish tank in a small puddle of water, about 5 feet away from it. He was a little dry, and the whiskers on his face are a little crumpled, but hes still alive and swimming around fine. I'm very happy to have found him, since, I have to admit, he's probably my favourite little fish in there now.

Edited by Sheydence