R.i.p Speedy

Guest nimajneb

Guest nimajneb

Sad to report but Speedy has gone to the great 1000 gallon tank in the sky. Just got home from my monthly poker game(which I won and WAS delighted about till my return) to find he was gone. He became absolutey riddled with infection in the past 18 hours - it all just exploded out of everywhere and he just couldn't fight anymore.

He gave me so much joy and I will miss his adoring face when I get home from work and if anything if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have come to this site and would have remained ignorant to proper care so I hope I can put what I have learned to practice in looking after my main tank with the friends he left behind.

R.I.P my friend - I dearly miss you already.

Swim in Peace, Speedy. You were loved! :tou

I'm really sorry, Ben - what a shame. It's really horrible to loose a fish when you've been trying so hard to save it. The upside is that you've already learned so much and will become more and more capable of taking care of your others.

I hope this is not too indelicate so soon :cry1 , but you may want to take a look at this new members thread

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...mp;#entry789474

She needs some Bakto products; you may want to keep yours, but if not, I wondered if you might want to sell them on to her.

Guest nimajneb

Thanks everyone, such a heartbreaking event. The quarantine tank is on my bedside table so I've been able to watch him constantly and I keep looking over to the empty water and... well you know the rest :(

Pixie you're my Florence Nightingale. The community here is so good I owe it some. I'll add my two'penneth worth on the link gladly.